News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Possible new forum

Started by techguy1975, Thursday Jan 05, 2017, 10:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techguy1975

I've installed some possible new forum software, in a separate directory, I'm thinking of using that to replace the antiquated software that this is running on.   The new software is freeware, so there isn't a lot of bells and whistles, but it should suffice, and at it is maintained, and is more secure than this.   Before I make the switch, I'd like to get everyone's opinion.   The new forum has a copy of this sites database, so everything is there, however,  anything you post there will NOT be copied over here, it is mainly used for testing only.   Your login and password should work over there too.  

Check it out, it can be found here.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

techguy1975

I should note, the new forum is pretty much on defaults. I'll tweak it over time

Bebop

Not bad, something different after all these years. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

techguy1975

Thanks!

If there is no other comments, I'll making the switch this weekend

duncantuna

Thanks for the efforts, Bob.  I've been an admin on SMF software for 10 years, it's solid.

You might want to take the opportunity to remove some of the dead forums that haven't seen a post for years.   Not sure old content is worth saving for archival purposes.   Just a thought.