News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Madison antenna placement site

Started by hoophead, Sunday Oct 21, 2012, 10:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoophead

I am in Watertown and a DISH subscriber which gives me Milwaukee channels as our locals. I put up an antenna to pull in Madison locals to give me flexibility. Used a site 'MadCityHD.com' for info on where to place the antenna with information about the location of those channels. Cannot access the site now. Any help to get a map for those channels? Two channels come in 100 usually and the other two come in plenty of times in the low 70's where it craps out too much for my liking.

Thank you for any/all help in this matter :)

dwwerth@hotmail.com

Jimboy

Nels Harvey

You can also try TVFool.COM.  That site will give you the distance, direction, and projected signal strength based on your antenna height etc.

It's been my experience that signal levels given on that site will provide good reception with any readings better than -70, or so.  Now that is subjective, and factors such as your antenna placement, gain, amplifiers, and feedline loss will have a bearing on reception.

It's best if you know your coordinates for the best results.  You also may find some new stations that you may be able to receive.
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.