News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

1080p sets

Started by gparris, Monday Sep 26, 2005, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreTorque99

I encourage you to take a look at the Sony SXRD next to the 628 Mits.

I havent heard many people having luck with the Mits control system.

Paul S.

Quote from: BebopIf anyone interested the BB 10% coupon, PM me.

Paul S. has the first shot.

Bebop for member of the year. :guitar:

sarusk

Not a fan of those big speakers hanging off the sides of the Sony.   What about the Toshiba 56HX195. I don't see much as far a reviews on sets other than the sony and Mits. Myself and three friends are all gonna buy the same set, and I was volunteered to do the research....

Mark Strube

Googled that model number, couldn't find a thing. Are you sure you have it right?

Gregg Lengling

Quote from: Mark StrubeGoogled that model number, couldn't find a thing. Are you sure you have it right?
There are 6 Toshiba Sets
62HM195, 62MX195, 72HM195, 72MX195 and 56HM195 and 56MX195.  The HM are the 1080P Theater Wide and the MX are 1080P Cinema Series.

See the reviews on the 72" here:  http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/toshiba-72mx195.html
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Paul S.

Quote from: saruskNot a fan of those big speakers hanging off the sides of the Sony.   What about the Toshiba 56HX195. I don't see much as far a reviews on sets other than the sony and Mits. Myself and three friends are all gonna buy the same set, and I was volunteered to do the research....

If it ain't a Sony, it's fulla buh-low-nee!  :rofl:

gparris

Paul S. Speaking of Sony and baloney, when are you getting that 60" SXRD you bought? :)

I was in C. City tonight and found it for $800 off MSRP and the salesman was going to discount the Ext. warranty and do free shipping if I dropped everything and bought it tonight!

As usual, the "hag" at home said no again...can I "clone" Heather (she let you buy one?) :rofl:

Paul S.

Quote from: gparrisPaul S. Speaking of Sony and baloney, when are you getting that 60" SXRD?
I was in C. City tonight and found it for $800 off MSRP and the salesman was going to discount the Ext. warranty and do free shipping if I dropped everything and bought it tonight, but the hag at home said no again...can I "clone" Heather?

Dude that blows lol!!

Heather laughed when I told her that. She said 'be smart and don't ask the old hag anymore when you want something, just do it'. :eek:

The set came today. I have it all set up, just waiting on my HDMI cable. Thursday night I'll tweak her some and see what she looks like!

gparris

Quote from: Gregg LenglingThere are 6 Toshiba Sets
62HM195, 62MX195, 72HM195, 72MX195 and 56HM195 and 56MX195.  The HM are the 1080P Theater Wide and the MX are 1080P Cinema Series.

See the reviews on the 72" here:  http://www.dlptvreview.com/dlptv/toshiba-72mx195.html

Actually, the Toshiba 62" 1080p DLP set was the nicest performing set (for DLP)
that I ever saw, sitting right next to the Mits DLP 62" set at Flanner's last week.
The Mits looked just so-so (720p set) next to the Toshiba set and both had Discovery HD Theater on...I was impressed and saw fewer rainbows.

gparris

Quote from: Paul S.Dude that blows lol!!

Heather laughed when I told her that. She said 'be smart and don't ask the old hag anymore when you want something, just do it'. :eek:

The set came today. I have it all set up, just waiting on my HDMI cable. Thursday night I'll tweak her some and see what she looks like!

Glad I made you both laugh...with almost a thousand off ($800 + discounted warranty and free shipping) I STILL cannot get a budge...UGH!

Please post pics and tell us of your progress-maybe you can get together with Mark and calibrate together!

Good luck and keep laughing! :)

Paul S.

Quote from: gparrisPlease post pics and tell us of your progress-maybe you can get together with Mark and calibrate together!

I wouldn't mind that.

sarusk

Quote from: Mark StrubeGoogled that model number, couldn't find a thing. Are you sure you have it right?

Oops meant the 56MX195. Tonight the gentleman at the Greenfield circuit city said they only carried quality equipment, and that they do not have the Toshiba or Mits. Off to American tomorrow. Got a look at the Mits at Flanner's but it was too crowded to get a look at either the Samsung or Toshiba. I'm sure these would all be fine, and I am just picking nit, but any input is appreciated.

gparris

Quote: "Tonight the gentleman at the Greenfield circuit city said they only carried quality equipment, and that they do not have the Toshiba or Mits"

It really is awful when CC some other store knocks the products they DON'T carry.
JVC is slammed everytime I used to mention LCoS, but now since they carry SONY sets with this technology, they just attack JVC...but you won't get that from BB because they DO carry JVC...and Mits.

AmericanTv has a good array of HDTVs and do price matching from my experience and they don't slam other products they don't carry...I have tested that element.

Toshiba is a good brand, the set I saw was fine...buy and enjoy...try to get an extended warranty and see if they offer one with a bulb replacement. :D

Paul S.

Holy crap! The thread for our sets at AVS is 220 pages long!!!

Mark Strube

Yeah haha it's a novel. That's why I started our own thread here.