News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC HD Channel Lineup

Started by Youth Minister, Monday Feb 23, 2009, 03:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Youth Minister

Sorry I haven't been around for a while.  Considering a switch to TWC from DirecTV to be able to bundle with Road Runner and phone service.  Looks to be around $150/month for my set-up vs. the $210/month I'm paying to separate vendors (Att phone service, Road Runner and DTV).  TWC looks to have come a long way in their offerings in HD.  Anything I'm missing?  Is there another current thread that deal's with this?

One specific question - does TWC have the new MLB Network in HD?

AndrewP

I am not with TWC (can't think of going back to TWC TV),
but kind of curious of your $210 current setup.
Here is what I have:
1. DirecTV premium with two HD DVRs : $120,
2. RR (7 down, 1.5 up) - $40,
3. Teleblend VOIP: $14.

Total- $174.

Youth Minister

$80 DirecTV
$85 TWC (Road Runner Turbo & Basic Cable)
$44 ATT (Home phone)

What I'm really wondering about though is the current HD offerings from TWC, not to get into a pricing debate.  Thanks

jeffski

You can trim off $42 a month in home phone service by dumping ATT and going with Magicjack ($20 a YEAR) we've had it for 6 weeks and love it!

jeffski

We're locked into $130/mo TWC/Turbo RR package which also includes Starz lineup of 5 SD and 1 HD channel. Also paying for the hdtv package which includes a few extra channels such as MGMHD and HDNET,add the $1.70 a month we pay Magicjack for phone service and it's not a bad deal all around.

Here's the TWC channel lineup>> http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/Clu/Clu.ashx#

gparris

Quote from: Youth Minister;50963$80 DirecTV
$85 TWC (Road Runner Turbo & Basic Cable)
$44 ATT (Home phone)

What I'm really wondering about though is the current HD offerings from TWC, not to get into a pricing debate.  Thanks

MLB HD is on the horizon for additions, according to the TWC site for additions, along with WeatherHD, Planet Green HD and others; I often go to the notifications site for TWC to see what is coming soon, though the last couple of months TWC has not added anything in new HD channels.

Another thing I do is go to the 1830's and see what TWC is testing, then if I get the channel later in the week/month, it is about to be ready in the HD channel range slot(s). :blush:

Here is what I would do in response to your question:
Go to the TWC site, put in your zipcode, then see the colour-coding for HD channels; you will find that it has tripled to what it was a year ago, maybe less than that, but still not what NYC TWC has (100+) or DirectvHD:
TWC started to get close, though, locally when it was adding HD channels locally.

-I just wonder when the other 6 HD channels posted are finally coming from their website.:huh?:

JeffreyC2007

Quote from: jeffski;50966We're locked into $130/mo TWC/Turbo RR package which also includes Starz lineup of 5 SD and 1 HD channel. Also paying for the hdtv package which includes a few extra channels such as MGMHD and HDNET,add the $1.70 a month we pay Magicjack for phone service and it's not a bad deal all around.

Here's the TWC channel lineup>> http://www.timewarnercable.com/CustomerService/Clu/Clu.ashx#

How many receivers do you have? and are they HD DVRs?

jeffski