News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Official Fox6 New Location Technical Report Thread

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jun 09, 2004, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riktar

The Samsung is "trying" to lock a signal. But no picture and no sound.

What I am getting is a blip on the signal strength meter every 5 seconds or so. The type of meter that Samsung uses is simply a progression of bars. So for what it's worth I am getting jumps up to 5 bars.

Still singing the blues - :guitar:

davezen2

I'm getting the exact same thing as Riktar on my Sammy T151.

GADGET71

I am getting the blip also but no sound or picture way out here in Jefferson.  The Sammy 151 also says no signal.  I had hopes since I get most of the other milwaukee channels, some as good as Madison.  Unfortunately my wife loves Fox 6 for news, vs the Madison Fox 47.  

Gadget71
________
no2 vaporizer

Bent_MG

In Elkhorn, WI, with a Radio Shack VU-190 I have a very stable-looking picture, with a signal strength of about 1/3rd (bars go 1/3rd of the way to the right from the left) on my Samsung T-151. It's the weakest signal I can receive, but it works, so I'm very happy!

SRW1000

Signal strength of zero in Random Lake.  I'm hoping that WITI is only doing some preliminary testing at this point, since I'm getting all the other major stations with a signal strengtg of 70-95%.

Scott

Steely

6/26/04 11:15AM
Waukesha, WI
Rooftop antenna
Samsung SIR-T160 (20% signal strength)
HiPix (no signal)

Are they running full power?

bigcheeshead

I was flipping through channels this morning 4/26 and I came across 6-1. I automatically flipped through before subconsciously realizing that for the first time there was a picture. I switched back and to my delight I see local FOX in High Definition. The strength is damn good too, around 90% here in the Falls.
I'm watching Mets vs Yankees right now. It's only upconverted but it still looks good.

I just realized that I haven't watched a single show on fox ever since I got HD almost two years ago.  Sadly it used to be my favorite station.  That's all about to change, if they can keep it up and running.

Anybody knows a good link to Fox HD programming schedule, if any?

borghe

I am getting low 70's here in Tosa, but I have a feeling I should rotate my antenna just a teeny bit counter clockwise and I'll probably get a boost on both 6 and 58... still, low 70s and a rock solid picture and signaL.

brewertix

Signal strength at 80% in SW New Berlin with Channelmaster 4228 and Sony HD-200.

StarvingForHDTV

South central Mequon.  4 bay Channel Master in my attic.

Signal unwatchable.  All drop outs.

:( Starving:(

dlhoppe

Nothing in West Bend with my VOOM receiver.  I get all the other stations just fine.  They must be on very low power. I don't have my Sammy 351 at the moment or I'd give it a try.

Anyone know what power they're putting out?

easylistener

I am getting a 12 on my voom receiver in West Bend.  I get a picture and sound but it breaks up every couple of seconds.  I think I will be alright when I get my pre amp next week.  I hope.

What antenna did Voom give you in West Bend?

They gave me a big winegard.  Works ok, but I think it will be better when I get that pre from them.

rnelson

I had trouble because I locked in on a Michigan analog channel 33 earlier in the week.  After a re-scan I locked in on 6-1.  Getting a 63 signal with some break up.  I really need another 10% to get a firm lock.

Comparison: Channelmaster with amp & 10ft tripod.
1-1   76
4-1   100
10-1  96
12-1  94
18-1 75
24-1   59
36-1   96
55-1   94

Zip Code is 53185
Roy

dlhoppe

EasyListener,

I also have a big Winegard, but I already had it installed myself. They didn't have to mess with that part.  I'll have to give it another try. Maybe they were working on the transmitter this afternoon or something.  I'll post again tomorrow after I check it again.

Bebop

Get 50% signal in greenfield with a 10 years old RS roof antenna.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun