News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Blu-ray Players Under $100

Started by Bebop, Tuesday Nov 24, 2009, 12:22:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

CouchPotato

Hey thanks a lot.  Under $100 is an incredible deal for them.  I actually think I saw Walmart selling them for around 50 on black friday.  Too bad I wasn't looking for one then.

gparris

The BD players under $100 aren't bad, but I would look at the reviews at CNET before buying one.
Remember, too, that these are older models and some do not offer some of the more advanced features the newer, more expensive current models offer, but even these models can be bought at less cost if you check up on sales and other websites.
My brother picked up a new Sony S570 model for less than $149 on sale, less with rebates recently and it has all the features you would want in a BD player and more, so it pays to shop for the player you want and at the price you want.
Some older models still have bitstream out only, so your AVR has to be able to decode the newer BD audio and if it doesn't, the cheaper BD players may not do it and you could be left without all the sound you could want for, just for a few dollars in savings.:D