News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Sony, what were you thinking?

Started by Tom Snyder, Sunday Jun 26, 2011, 12:53:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Today is garage cleanup day, forcing me to finally get around to getting my garage speakers hooked up to an upgraded stereo I got last year so I have tunes out there. Entire rest of the house, and the deck, and front porch speakers are on "Speakers A," Garage is "Speakers B."

Surprise: this stereo (which is just a newer model of the one I used to have) allows A or B, but not both.

Sony, I hate you. :bang:
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Ralph Kramden

I also hate Sony, but for different reasons.

Talos4

Tom, For projects like that I gave up trying to use something "newer".

They just don't have what it takes, like independent speaker outputs, phono stages, Ability to hook up a simple 7 or 10 band EQ.

Honestly, I've bought what I needed and works from the Goodwill or Rummage sales.

"Old" gear is basic, no fancy surround sound crap to get in the way. For years I ran my garage with an old Allied Stereo receiver until it fell off the shelf one too many times.

Tom Snyder

I have a wireless FM transmitter that I ended up hooking up. Used it to send a signal to an old boombox in the garage. :)
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Talos4

Find that in the garage while cleaning?

Great solution!

Urwhatuis

Sony is just trying to protect uninformed consumers. Too many low impedance speakers running at once is a recipe for amplifier meltdown.

Jeff