News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

I'm REALLY tired of seeing this....

Started by Talos4, Monday Aug 01, 2011, 12:49:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talos4

I'm really getting tired of seeing this message lately. (See Attached)

Changing the channel up or down and then back works, but according to TWC there's nothing wrong. The "A" button does nothing.

Non DVR Cisco box HDMI hook up. Handshake issue?

Jack 1000

We have the same thing on and off on Fox News 1352. Our box is an SA-8300 HDC.  My guess is it is another SDV issue.  It's not handshaking because the logo is in place.  The best thing to do is to call and report the problems with the channel.  This is NOT a box issue.  The more people that call in about it, the faster they will work to resolve it.  Also do the following:

Contact the TWC Direct to Tech forum, everybody with issues of this nature.  This is a secure private forum where only the techs can respond to posts.  It goes to corporate, and they are pretty good about responding within a day.  For your first post, indicate the following:

Description of the problem and all channels that are affected
When the problem started?
Your service area. (Area of Wisconsin affected?)
Your box model number.
Your Street Address and City
Your Account Number.
Your Phone Number

Any other relevant information.  You can even provide the link to this thread as evidence of other people having this issue.  Title your thread.  HD channel Problems in (your area) Wisconsin."

Here is the Direct to Tech forum.  Registration is required before posting.  If you already have a dslreports.com account, you can use that log-in information.

https://secure.dslreports.com/forum/timewarnerdirect

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

Talos4

Thanks Jack,

I'll look into it later tonight.

PONIES

This happens randomly on every HD channel for me. Also, it's not specific channels either. I hate Switched Digital Video.

Rebooting the DVR fixes it. I'm glad they added new HD channels but if capacity is becoming such an issue then it's time to start cutting out some analog channels. A single analog channel uses a full 6 MHz QAM channel - 38.8 Mbps! That's 2 or 3 high definition digital channels that could be fit into the space a single analog channel uses. They're an incredible waste of bandwidth!