News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Fox Pre-season game

Started by Talos4, Thursday Aug 19, 2004, 12:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Talos4

I may have missed this (or not)

I'm curious if Fox is going to broadcast tonights game in HD.

(thinking out loud) it may be a good opportunity to work out the bugs so to speak.

If this info's been reported earlier, my apologies!   :blush:

Todd Wiedemann

Working knowledge is that it will *not* be passed in HD.

Surprises may happen, though. ;)

summerfun

I just talked to the engineer at Fox 6 and the game will not be in HD tonight.

They are still waiting on the installation of the new hardware from Fox to be installed and tested. The equipment is on-site but not done yet. The install date was Aug 2nd, but now has been pushed back. They have every hope to have it done by the first regular season Packer game.

Talos4

Well. so much for the surprise.

The gear is here, the installer is not  HMMMM.....

I hope a month is enough time.

Thanks for the info!:bow:

gb4fan92

Maybe it will be widescreen??

Gregg Lengling

Doesn't matter as their signal doesn't reach here strong enough to give a solid picture........Come on Directv and get that FOX feed going.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

gb4fan92

QuoteOriginally posted by Gregg Lengling
Doesn't matter as their signal doesn't reach here strong enough to give a solid picture.......

That's funny the picture comes in great by me............... oh I see you don't have cable. Too Bad!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

foxeng

I guess there will be very few cheering the Black, Blue and Teal tonight!

Enjoy the warm Carolina evening!

GBK

I have very little faith in Fox to get their HD equipment up and running by then.. I mean come on it's getting colder right they don't work when temps drop below 70.  :)

No really I really hope they get it done also put some more juice to the transmitter...

Scott

Can Fox 6 increase their Digital signal strength?  Will that happen?

I now get 6.1 and it looked like some sort of HD signal for the Giants-Carolina preseason game the other night, but my signal kept pixalating so badly it was hard to tell.

Will this improve at all as the bugs are worked out of the equipment, or are we stuck with this low power OTA signal unless you get TWC?

GBK

last I hear they don't have plans to increase power until FCC mandates it.  or makes them turn off analog trasmissions... which will likely happen at the same time ... somewhere in 2010

tazman

Go here  http://www.packers.com/ or for all others, go here http://www.nfl.com/schedules  .  If it's listed as State that means that it is localy produced.:)