News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Finally! WMLW in HD Coming to TWC! (In March)

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Feb 13, 2012, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

Quote from: tencom;58728Today 7/27 saw the arrival Of WMLW-HD on air using RF channel 24 still in the  480I Mode.  The signal strength indicates full power. Lo- power 13-1 WMLW's old digital channel no longer appears, at least at my location. Let's all Hope that channel CBS 58, can increase their data rate from a miserable 9 to 10 Megabit per second, to a full HDTV data rate,of 19.2 megabits per second,  with channel 41 "58-2"moving to  it's own channel resulting in a higher quality HDTV video for channel 58.

I'm sure we'll still have to suffer with Shorewest TV on 58's digital signal.

PONIES

Quote from: tencom;58728Today 7/27 saw the arrival Of WMLW-HD on air using RF channel 24 still in the  480I Mode.  The signal strength indicates full power. Lo- power 13-1 WMLW's old digital channel no longer appears, at least at my location. Let's all Hope that channel CBS 58, can increase their data rate from a miserable 9 to 10 Megabit per second, to a full HDTV data rate,of 19.2 megabits per second,  with channel 41 "58-2"moving to  it's own channel resulting in a higher quality HDTV video for channel 58.

That would involve intelligent spectrum usage which we all know the networks are incapable of.

LithOTA

I saw WMLW show up on my Channel Master box testerday- I had never been able to see it previously (except on WDJT 58.2).  According to the FCC sheet, it's 150 KW and fairly high on the tower.  At 70 miles away, I have a DB8 in the attic aimed at Milwaukee, and it is almost 24/7 reliable on all of the full-power UHFs (including the "problem children" WISN, WVCY, & WBME, but not WYTU).  
I'm hoping that this new WMLW signal will be that regular, especially if it goes HD.

trev57

So, today was the day. Has anybody seen WMLW HD yet? (Because of course, Charter doesn't get it until October)

LithOTA

I saw it last night via RF48.  Kaley Cuoco sure looks good in HD.
Now maybe they can get the Brewers back on OTA for next season.

Jack 1000

Quote from: trev57;58748So, today was the day. Has anybody seen WMLW HD yet? (Because of course, Charter doesn't get it until October)

WMLW's been added to TWC's HD Tier, Digital Channel 1007.  We have three instances of WMLW now.  Channel 7, 982 (I think.) and now Channel 1007.  Drooping one of those standard channels for WMLW, would open up some bandwidth.  What do they show in HD?

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

LithOTA

Quote from: Jack 1000;58754WMLW's been added to TWC's HD Tier, Digital Channel 1007.  We have three instances of WMLW now.  Channel 7, 982 (I think.) and now Channel 1007.  Drooping one of those standard channels for WMLW, would open up some bandwidth.  What do they show in HD?

Jack

It looks like all of thier rerun shows are now in HD (at least the ones that were produced in HD).  Big Bang Theory, LAw & Order, Tyler Perry Browns, and Dr. Phil are all HD now on WMLW.
I'm not sure about the "58 news at 9" program, I didn't see it last night, but I would guess it's HD as well.