News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Finally! WMLW in HD Coming to TWC! (In March)

Started by Jack 1000, Monday Feb 13, 2012, 01:45:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LoadStar

Quote from: hoophead;58348Well, mid March is here now and no Brewers on the channel.

Just to clarify, WMLW does not have any Brewers games this season. All games have been consolidated onto FSN Wisconsin.

Jack 1000

Quote from: trev57;58350Well, it was supposed to be added today. And since I don't have TWC, can someone fill me in?

I have not seen it added yet.  Maybe go into Favorite channels and enter like 1800 to scroll to that point.  Now, use the Page +/- button to scroll down to somewhere between 1800 to 1999.  Somewhere within there there will be about 15 channels that say Test with numbers on them.  I just can't remember if the test channels are in the 1800 range or the 1900 range.

I would say go through the channels that say Testxx (where X represents a number.)  If you find WMLW in those test channels, make a note of the test channel location and post it here.   Thanks!

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

mrschimpf

Charter is doing a big shift around tonight of the Weigel stations in the QAM table (aka I get to play with Windows Media Center later), which means they're adjusting for something (can't confirm if WMLW is on HD yet; a chat with a support guy just keeps leading me to some 'who cares' announcement about Jewelry TV). SilliconDust is still showing 13.1 in 480i too.

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000;58355I have not seen it added yet.  Maybe go into Favorite channels and enter like 1800 to scroll to that point.  Now, use the Page +/- button to scroll down to somewhere between 1800 to 1999.  Somewhere within there there will be about 15 channels that say Test with numbers on them.  I just can't remember if the test channels are in the 1800 range or the 1900 range.

I would say go through the channels that say Testxx (where X represents a number.)  If you find WMLW in those test channels, make a note of the test channel location and post it here.   Thanks!

Jack

I just scanned through, and in my quick check I didn't see anything in HD in the 1900 channel range. Mostly a bunch of standard def channels (I saw ShopNBC and HGTV in the batch, among others) as well as some of the "message" channels Time Warner uses in place of channels that have moved or been discontinued.

Jack 1000

I opened up a support question at the TWC Direct to Tech Forum about WMLW-HD not being available yet on TWC Metro Milwaukee Systems.  I'll see if they can say what happened.  Told them I was also interested in a new launch date if one could be provided.  You would think that management would be interested in getting this done, especially for "March Madness." basketball games.

Jack

Jack 1000

Quote from: Jack 1000;58359I opened up a support question at the TWC Direct to Tech Forum about WMLW-HD not being available yet on TWC Metro Milwaukee Systems.  I'll see if they can say what happened.  Told them I was also interested in a new launch date if one could be provided.  You would think that management would be interested in getting this done, especially for "March Madness." basketball games.

Jack

Direct To Tech responded back that the local site said that "We have no official launch because WMLW is not advertising as being in HD yet.  I directed the tech team to the local announcement in the channel changes:

http://www.timewarnercable.com/Midwest/support/policies/channelchange.html

And said that the date should be changed and reflected on the website for when the launch is ready, or the information should be taken down if WMLW is not ready for HD broadcast.  Speculation is that TWC planned on permission to carry the channel in HD, but WMLW delayed the launch date because they are not ready yet.  TWC has been very good about sticking with those channel notices and changes, so I would say that the ball is in WMLW's court now, and it looks like that ball may be showing in SD for some time.  I want to see if a new date is planned.

Jack

Jack 1000

I just inquired on the status of WMLW-HD to station management, through e-mail.

They said it has been postponed "a couple of months."  At least we know it is coming eventually

Jack

trev57

Quote from: Jack 1000;58366I just inquired on the status of WMLW-HD to station management, through e-mail.

They said it has been postponed "a couple of months."  At least we know it is coming eventually

Jack

Oy vey. This is starting to sound like the transition to HD news at CBS 58.

Jack 1000

Quote from: trev57;58367Oy vey. This is starting to sound like the transition to HD news at CBS 58.

Exactly!

Jack

mrschimpf

Lost in the fun that was the Hearst/Time Warner catfight was that Weigel is doing the last of their changes to put both WMLW and WYTU in HD. According to Dudek in the Journal-Sentinel, WMLW and WBME will switch around channels on August 7. I don't know exactly how (it's not explained in the article and a better explanation hasn't come in a comment where I asked for more info), but I'm assuming parsing the text that WMLW will go to 49.1 in HD, while the Me-TV schedule will go to digital 13 and 58.2 in SD, and now we'll get WMLW-TV 49 and WBME-CD/CA 41.

Meanwhile WYTU launches by next week in HD on their LP digital 17 (mapping to 63.1) in time for the Olympics and their soccer coverage, along with the Packers pre-season in Espanol (which is the first I've heard of that), at least according to 58 on their newscast tonight. Don't know anything yet about cable coverage of WYTU in HD though, or if 49.4 will remain Telemundo.

And I'm just assuming WMLW-CA and WYTU-LP will continue to carry WMLW's schedule and MeTV until the transmitters finally conk out on those analog dinosaurs.

trev57

File this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

Jack 1000

Quote from: trev57;58719File this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

+1!

I mean they ought to slow down LOL!  It's only been since March that we were supposed to get this channel!  Hahahaha!

Jack

WITI6fan

Quote from: mrschimpf;58718Lost in the fun that was the Hearst/Time Warner catfight was that Weigel is doing the last of their changes to put both WMLW and WYTU in HD. According to Dudek in the Journal-Sentinel, WMLW and WBME will switch around channels on August 7. I don't know exactly how (it's not explained in the article and a better explanation hasn't come in a comment where I asked for more info), but I'm assuming parsing the text that WMLW will go to 49.1 in HD, while the Me-TV schedule will go to digital 13 and 58.2 in SD, and now we'll get WMLW-TV 49 and WBME-CD/CA 41.

Meanwhile WYTU launches by next week in HD on their LP digital 17 (mapping to 63.1) in time for the Olympics and their soccer coverage, along with the Packers pre-season in Espanol (which is the first I've heard of that), at least according to 58 on their newscast tonight. Don't know anything yet about cable coverage of WYTU in HD though, or if 49.4 will remain Telemundo.

And I'm just assuming WMLW-CA and WYTU-LP will continue to carry WMLW's schedule and MeTV until the transmitters finally conk out on those analog dinosaurs.

It took them this long to realize Me-TV didn't need a full power digital channel? :rolleyes:

mrschimpf

Quote from: trev57;58719File this one in the "I'll believe it when I see it" category.

Thus the "I think" in my post title. That it couldn't even be articulated clearly at all in text is amazing to me. I don't even know how to put all of this in the Wikipedia articles for the stations until I do see it. :bang:

Quote from: WITI6fan;58721It took them this long to realize Me-TV didn't need a full power digital channel? :rolleyes:

It served the purpose of trojan-horsing 49 and Telemundo's signals throughout the market at least and getting the national Me-TV model down, but yes, entirely too long.

tencom

Today 7/27 saw the arrival Of WMLW-HD on air using RF channel 24 still in the  480I Mode.  The signal strength indicates full power. Lo- power 13-1 WMLW's old digital channel no longer appears, at least at my location. Let's all Hope that channel CBS 58, can increase their data rate from a miserable 9 to 10 Megabit per second, to a full HDTV data rate,of 19.2 megabits per second,  with channel 41 "58-2"moving to  it's own channel resulting in a higher quality HDTV video for channel 58.