News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cbs58

Started by hoophead, Tuesday Aug 10, 2010, 09:44:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeaves79

Quote from: brewtownska;56309Has anyone else gone through this change recently?  I'll see if I can get any other details from the installer on Thursday afternoon.

Mike

so any updates?  did the installer give any tips for calling Dish to get CBS 58 in HD?

brewtownska

Sorry, I never thought to come back and post.  Unfortunately when I asked the installer, he had no info.
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Nels Harvey

Quote from: brewtownska;56309Not sure if this is related, but I got a call from Dish Network yesterday (not expected) saying they need to come by and install new equipment (for FREE).  Turns out they are moving me from the 61.5 satellite to the 129 satellite (other dish will still point to 110 and 119).  I asked if I'd get any new channels, and they said not necessarily right now, but this is more of something that is planning ahead for the future.
Mike
Great!  I can't get the 129 degree satellite due to the neighbor's trees.  When the installer was here I pointed that problem out, and he put in a dish for the 61.5 degree satellite, where I have an unobstructed view.  I would think that I'm not the only one with that problem.
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

brewtownska

Actually, I was mistaken on what the installer was going to do.  The end result was they moved me to the other arc's satellites.  So now I'm on 2 that are in the 70's...maybe it was 72 and 77?  And then my wing dish stays on the 61.5.  He said there are some channels that will eventually be moved OFF the 61.5 and will only be on one of the sats in the 70's.

Do I know if he's telling the truth or full of it...no idea.  But there was no fallout from my move, and it was all done for free.  And the new angle of the dishs points towards an area where there are no trees...so overall I think my signal strength will be better for much of the year.

(sorry to hijack the thread guys!)

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii