News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

**NEW** Channel Master 4228 HD Antenna ***FOR SALE***

Started by franklinhdtv, Wednesday Aug 01, 2007, 05:43:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

franklinhdtv

Brand New - Never been used.  I couldn't fit this through the access door to my attic and my neighborhood doesn't allow these to be mounted on the roof.  This thing is great though.  I had one mounted on the roof of my old house and I got fantastic reception.  Never had any issues--that's why I bought a new one for my current house.  Too bad I can't use it.

Asking $50.  Located in Franklin, WI.  E-mail me at franklinhdtv@yahoo.com.

Some specs:

Channel Master 4228 Bowtie UHF Antenna, 60 mile UHF range, 8-bay bowtie dipole design, 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer, Narrow Beamwidth, Receives digital & analog UHF TV signals, Galvanized Screen, Reception beam width is 15 degrees,  Steel Dipoles.

Jimboy

Quote from: franklinhdtv;40155Brand New - Never been used.  I couldn't fit this through the access door to my attic and my neighborhood doesn't allow these to be mounted on the roof.  This thing is great though.  I had one mounted on the roof of my old house and I got fantastic reception.  Never had any issues--that's why I bought a new one for my current house.  Too bad I can't use it.

Some specs:

Channel Master 4228 Bowtie UHF Antenna, 60 mile UHF range, 8-bay bowtie dipole design, 300 Ohm to 75 Ohm Matching Transformer, Narrow Beamwidth, Receives digital & analog UHF TV signals, Galvanized Screen, Reception beam width is 15 degrees,  Steel Dipoles.

Neighborhood homeowner associations can't stop you from putting up an antenna regardless of what they say. Tell them to take it up with the FCC. You certainly can use it.

waterhead

I live in Franklin, and I have a ChannelMaster 4228 on the roof of my house!

Some people may say that an antenna is ugly. I think that anything that gives me free HDTV, is beautiful.

Paul

basshive

If you are truely selling it only because of what you are being told by the association, please know your rights and post that antenna proudly. They (Home Owners Associations) prey on mis-information and their tactics have a snowball effects as people just begin to assume things are true and never challenge it and often go without for lack of knowing their rights.  

You may not be able to put up purple curtains or plant flamingos in the yard, but as Jimboy and Waterhead said, the FCC has your back on this one! :)
Sony KDF-60XS955 - Living Room
Samsung LN32A450 - Master Bedroom
Samsung BDP-1600
Samsung DVD-HD850
DirecTV HR-21
DirecTV H-20
DirecTV R-22
DirecTV R-15
DirecTV Packers Remote RC64RB
Sling Media Slingbox AV - SB240-100
Yamaha YSP-900BL Digital Sound Projector Home Theater Speaker System
AppleTV
Microsoft XBOX 360
Harmony Advanced Universal Remote for Xbox 360

tazman

Quote from: franklinhdtv;40155Brand New - Never been used.  I couldn't fit this through the access door to my attic and my neighborhood doesn't allow these to be mounted on the roof.  This thing is great though.  I had one mounted on the roof of my old house and I got fantastic reception.  Never had any issues--that's why I bought a new one for my current house.  Too bad I can't use it.

Some specs:

Ya know the house attic is not the only place you could install that antenna.  I have no idea what type of house you have, but I can only assume since a home owners ass'ociation is involved, it has to be a newer home with possibly an attached garage.  Depending on the pitch of your roof, you could install it in the garage attic.  Hange it from the rafters at the inside peak in the garage.  We did that with my parents new home.  We actualy had enough room to mount the antenna on a rotor mounted to a piece of plywood screwed down to the ceiling joists in the garage and it had enough room to turn 360 degrees.  It was one of the Winegard smaller VHF/UHF combo antennas.:)

franklinhdtv

We already tried to mount the 4228 in the garage rafters, but the house's roof blocked the signals.  Our roof has a really high pitch so I think all of the insulation up there caused the problem.  The garage is on the south side of the house.

We ended up putting a Channel Master 4221 in the house attic because it was small enough to fit through the attic access door.  

Like I said, I already spent the money to put the 4221 up in my attic, I get good enough reception, now I have a 4228 on my hands...which I would like to sell.

I appreciate all the suggestions from you guys, but I really would like to just sell the 4228 because I spent about $75 bucks for it and it is just collecting dust...

Somebody else should get some use out of it.

$50 bucks or best reasonable offer.

tazman

Only trying to help.:)   I didn't read anywhere in your posts that you had bought the smaller ChannelMaster 4221.  I would be interested but I'm not sure how a UHF only would work in place of what I have on my tower now.  I know it would be allot better than the UHF part of the Winegard combo I have now for everything except channel 10.  The channel 10 digitals are on VHF channel 8 and I am about 30 miles out from the transmitting towers.  So that might be an issue for me.

Blitzburgh

Dis-assemble then re-assemble. That is what I did.

AndrewP

Quote from: Blitzburgh;40788Dis-assemble then re-assemble. That is what I did.

Or slightly bent it and the straight it back. That is what I did:)

carpdiem

Sent you an email with some questions...