News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

"F" to "RCA" adaptors

Started by steve053, Wednesday Dec 13, 2006, 11:49:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve053

I have an RG6 cable with male "F" connectors on both ends.  I need to change them to RCA (1 male, 1 female).  I have luck finding the F to Male RCA adaptor (Home Depot and Radio Shack) but no joy on the F to Female RCA adaptor.

I have found a female RCA coupler that will join two male RCA connectors.  I'll give this a go unless I can find the female adaptor.

FYI, the reason I'm doing this is I have a hot-link pro IR extender and want to move the eye a little further away then the current cable length.  I ordered the 25 foot cable ($40), then received a call from microsmith and was told that it would be a lot cheaper if I bought an RG6 cable and change the connections from "F" to "RCA".

So far I've looked for them at Home Depot, Farm & Fleet, Ace, and Menards.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve

Jimboy

Quote from: steve053;36525I have an RG6 cable with male "F" connectors on both ends.  I need to change them to RCA (1 male, 1 female).  I have luck finding the F to Male RCA adaptor (Home Depot and Radio Shack) but no joy on the F to Female RCA adaptor.

I have found a female RCA coupler that will join two male RCA connectors.  I'll give this a go unless I can find the female adaptor.

FYI, the reason I'm doing this is I have a hot-link pro IR extender and want to move the eye a little further away then the current cable length.  I ordered the 25 foot cable ($40), then received a call from microsmith and was told that it would be a lot cheaper if I bought an RG6 cable and change the connections from "F" to "RCA".

So far I've looked for them at Home Depot, Farm & Fleet, Ace, and Menards.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Steve

Try //www.mcmelectronics.com
A female to female "F" barrel (or coupler) and a male "F" to Female RCA would work as well.

mhz40

If you can get to the south end of town, Marmax might have something for you too.  They are on Rawson I believe.
You could also just put a female-female RCA adapter onto the F-RCA connector you already found .  I doubt what you are putting through the coax (signal wise) would be a big problem for that additional adapter.

markd

I buy most of my cables here:
http://www.monoprice.com/

Top quality cables that are insanely cheap.  A 100' cable is less than half of what you were quoted for 25'.

-mark

steve053

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Greatly appreciated.

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: markd;36542I buy most of my cables here:
http://www.monoprice.com/

Top quality cables that are insanely cheap.  A 100' cable is less than half of what you were quoted for 25'.

-mark

Thanks for the tip.  I was surprised with the quality and price.  I don't know how they do it!

markd

Quote from: StarvingForHDTV;37146Thanks for the tip.  I was surprised with the quality and price.  I don't know how they do it!

Neither do I!  I have been buying cables from them for a little over a year now, both for home use and at work.  We used to pay hundreds of dollars for VGA cables that were even inferior quality to what Monoprice sells.  

I just ordered a 25 foot 24AWG HDMI cable for under $30.  I don't even want to know what Best Buy would sell that for but my parents are looking for a new TV and BB told my mother not to forget to budget several hundred dollars for cables.  I had to laugh to when she told me that just replied, "don't worry, I'll hook you up"  ;)

-mark

Bluto

Monprice.com - one of my fave shopping sites on the net.  I'm gooing back and forth between wiring my basement myself or going with a pro - I'd save a boatload on wiring if i did it myself - If I can figure out what I need to run audio via Cat5, I'll do it myself.