News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

100" DLP

Started by murdoc, Thursday Jun 15, 2006, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klwillis45

gparris

Awesome, too bad it is a DLP - some of us might get to see some really big rainbows. :confused:

As for the cost at twenty thousand, that is a good deal since the 82" Mitsubishi LCoS set came out at 21 thousand dollars and of course, the first 70" SXRD at thirteen thousand.
The Sharp LCD flat panel 65" 1080p from Crutchfield sells for twenty thousand, too vs. the 16 thousand 57" version...its all relative. ;)

Anyone buying one?  :D

Ralph Kramden

$20,000 is a good deal? Even if I had the money to spend, I'd keep my DLP front projector and 106" diagonal screen.

murdoc

Quote from: Ralph Kramden$20,000 is a good deal? Even if I had the money to spend, I'd keep my DLP front projector and 106" diagonal screen.

That's great but this DLP gets installed INTO the wall.  :rock:  :rock:

Ralph Kramden

Dlp
Oh, silly me. Since it gets installed INTO the wall, that changes everything. NOT!!

gparris

murdoc, thank for the info as I have had an application call for this very thing. :D

All we are trying to do now with the client is decide what size as the viewing area is anywhere from 12 to 25 feet away and with 1080p, the closeness to the screen won't be a problem at all. ;)

SRW1000

Quote from: gparrismurdoc, thank for the info as I have had an application call for this very thing. :D

All we are trying to do now with the client is decide what size as the viewing area is anywhere from 12 to 25 feet away and with 1080p, the closeness to the screen won't be a problem at all. ;)
If you go with this, can you post pictures of the final installation?  I'd like to see that!

Scott

murdoc

Quote from: gparrismurdoc, thank for the info as I have had an application call for this very thing. :D

Your welcome.  I believe the recommended viewing distance for the 100" is around 11'.  I can see this tv fitting more into business type applications.  You could build a nice "picture" frame around it, have a networked PC connected and use it as a screen saver for your customers.  Since you don't have to dim the lights to see the image on the screen, I can see these put into place in meeting rooms across the country.

And as Scott just posted, keep us up to date with pictures and any other useful information you come across.

gparris

I will see what comes out of this and take pictures of the 80-90-100 inch setup once it comes to fruitation. :)

They want to have some light in the room and this is why front projection was out of the question
(no basement or windowless location was desired). :D