News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

1080p sets

Started by gparris, Monday Sep 26, 2005, 05:57:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoreTorque99

I've now seen a Mitsubishi 62" 1080p DLP right next to the new Sony 60" SXRD 1080p and I must say that the SXRD is truly a stunning set.  Far less picture noise, more vibrant colors, and the depth is truly amazing.  DLP finally has some competition.

The SXRD makes me wish I waited a few more months to buy an HDTV... Oh well... at least I got a smokin deal on my 720p Samsung DLP.

gparris

These two sets were side-by-side and I had the same experience - this was at a dedicated home theater store, no "big-box" chain where they tend not to display HDTVs with HD programming or have proper setups.
Now I am saving up for my 60" Sony SXRD and hoping the pricing goes down to replace my 48" set.

MoreTorque99

Quote from: gparrisThese two sets were side-by-side and I had the same experience - this was at a dedicated home theater store, no "big-box" chain where they tend not to display HDTVs with HD programming or have proper setups.
Now I am saving up for my 60" Sony SXRD and hoping the pricing goes down to replace my 48" set.

Circuit City has adveritised the 60" SXRD for $3999... $1000 off normal price.  It is a pricing error, but many have gotten them or a competitior to honor the price.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=597457

Andrew Grall

Quote from: MoreTorque99Circuit City has adveritised the 60" SXRD for $3999... $1000 off normal price.  It is a pricing error, but many have gotten them or a competitior to honor the price.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=597457

I saw that in their ad and was drooling!!!  That's about the same price I dot my 60XS955 for last December!

Obviously not going to upgrade after less than a year, but man...

Mark Strube

I'm probably going to be getting the Sony 50" SXRD in a few days. Right now I'm planning on getting it from Circuit City for $3599.99 + 4yr plan + tax = $4361.63

Does anyone know of any better deals anywhere or is this about as good as it's gonna get?

Bebop

Only if you wanted to shop on-line.

http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php?masterid=11402915&search=kdsr50xbr1

I'm sure you can save a few more dollars if you ask Bestbuy  for a better deal.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Bebop

Only if you buy from online.
http://www.pricegrabber.com/p__Sony_Grand_WEGA_KDSR50XBR1_50_SXRD_Projection_TV,__11402915/sort_type=bottomline

I'm sure you can save a few dollars if you ask bestbuy for a better deal.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

bubbaridesfast

$4361 for a TV? I wish I had that kind of money to spend! My wife would literally kill me. I still regret paying $1400 for my Toshiba last year.

gparris

Best if you buy locally for something as new and expensive as SXRD, IMO.

I was going to buy it from Crutchfield, but since I bought my last sets from C.City with extended warranties (just to sure) I won't have to track down a service to fix it.
Others in the forum here have had good results with C.City for warranties, protecting their sets from damage from things including surges and so on, too and it comes with a bulb replacement. :D

Nice that YOUR spouse lets you buy one now...I am on hold. :(

Mark Strube

Sony 50" SXRD will be arriving this Friday!!! :D

Got a great deal at the Best Buy in Delafield from a certain forum member (MoreTorque99). Also, something I didn't even know - the 4-year warranty also covers the bulb if it goes out. American's warranty didn't, but that might have something to do with the fact that my last set was a floor model.

{santa}

gparris

You are so lucky to get your SXRD...are you keeping the 42" LCD Sony, too? :)

The AmericanTv warranties seldom if ever include the bulb replacement even if new out-of-the-box as a friend of mine found out with her JVC 52" model a year ago...so it wasn't your "floor model".

Great job...I am so envious! :D

Mark Strube

Yup, the 42" is going to my mom since she's helping me pay for the SXRD. :)

StarvingForHDTV

Quote from: Mark StrubeSony 50" SXRD will be arriving this Friday!!!

:bow:   Let us know how sweet it is!

Mark Strube

Well, it was just shipped, and they placed it on my new stand!! However, right now it's torturing me... they said I shouldn't turn it on for about 2 hours so it can warm up to room temperature... so at 9:40 the glory begins! I guess I'll use this time to get everything hooked up and read over the manual.

gparris

With this cold weather, the set's electronics and bulb have to reach room temperature or these could fail. :(

Be patient, read the AVS forum for tweaks (big section thread) and let us know what you think. Saw the 50" SXRD set last night and it rocks! :D