News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

27" LCD HD-Ready for $798

Started by StarvingForHDTV, Saturday Feb 26, 2005, 07:48:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StarvingForHDTV

Bebop

They seem to omitted the most important information. Probably 1280x 768.

Right now, you can get the Dell 2005FPW widescreen 16:10  20" for about $500. The resolution is 1680X1050. This monitor is so bright when connected via DVI. It's hurting my eyes. (you can't adjust contrast in DVI mode and i have set the brightness at zero). I'll end up  returning it.

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

Snard

Quote from: BebopThey seem to omitted the most important information. Probably 1280x 768.

Right now, you can get the Dell 2005FPW widescreen 16:10  20" for about $500. The resolution is 1680X1050. This monitor is so bright when connected via DVI. It's hurting my eyes. (you can't adjust contrast in DVI mode and i have set the brightness at zero). I'll end up  returning it.
That's too bad that you'll have to return it. It's hard to believe there isn't some way to reduce the brightness. Are there any color temperature settings in the monitor which might help? Power save settings?
- Mike Shawaluk

Samsung UN46D6000
Philips 40PFL4706/F7B

Now with Windows Media Center and HDHomeRun Prime!

Bebop

Quote from: SnardThat's too bad that you'll have to return it. It's hard to believe there isn't some way to reduce the brightness. Are there any color temperature settings in the monitor which might help? Power save settings?

No. The contrast is stuck at 50% when using the DVI connector. And the is a also problem with back light leakage on all sides.

Changing the color temp did not affect the brightness.

I might exchange it for the 4:3 20". The contrast is adjustable, but there is nothing like a 16:10 screen. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun