News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Off topic but--what audio equipment to you have

Started by mcneguy, Thursday Feb 21, 2002, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FWD

I think HDNet is currently offered only on DirecTV.  It's the only thing Dish doesn't have that interests me (although not that much, since I think their offerings are still pretty slim).

This should be solved within a year once the Dish purchase of DirecTV is approved (as I believe it will be) and there is one system.

The holy grail is ESPN-HD -- but that's probably 2 years off at least.

mcneguy

Does Dish Network offer local digital channels and if not, does their box receive OTA HD?

sp44

65" Mits 65807
Marantz SR5200 receiver
Fronts: JBL S312's
Center: JBL S-Center
Rears: Pinnacle AC-400's (for now)
Sub: AR S112PS 12"
Toshiba SD4700 DVD Player
Philips DirecTivo
Sony HD-100 HDTV receiver

FWD

Dish does not offer local digital channels in any market so far as I know (neither does DirecTV, for that matter).  In fact Dish still does not even offer Milwaukee analog local channels.  I have read that this is the result of some disagreement between Dish and 58, but I can't confirm that.

There is an OTA module available for the Dish 6000 HDTV satellite receiver.  I have it and it seems to work fine.  I have no problem picking up the digitals from 4 and 10, and now the test signal from 58.

flash

Sony 51hw40 HD "ready" TV
Sony DA80ES reciever
Fronts: M&K LCR-750THX
Center: M&K Center-750THX
Rears:  M&K Surround-550THX
Sub:    M&K Sub-V1250THX
Toshiba SD4700 DVD Player
Mits HS-U746 SVHS VCR
my XBox!! (Actually it's my 2 year old sons)

Looking for all recommendations on HD DirectTV and OTA STB.
Thanks.

------------------
Gordy M.

Pat

My son designed, selected, wired, and owns most of audio of our system.  He contributed it in order to get me to cooperate with his plans to take over a room.  Glad I did!

Marantz 5000
3 Cerwin Vega center-channels in front, model unknown
4 Cerwin Vega surrounds, model unknown, wired as 2 push-pull (dipolar)
1 Cerwin Vega sub, 12"
1 Clark floor transducer  GET YOUR OWN  
1 generic stereo equalizer for the sub and transducer
2 200w power amps for the sub and transducer
1 Monster power center
1 5 disk older CD player
Several sound baffles on walls and ceiling

[This message has been edited by Pat (edited 03-06-2002).]

David Hendrickson

I'm envious of some of the speaker packages listed by others. I can't wait to upgrade to Mirage or Paradigm when I move up to a larger home.
Mitsubishi WS55907 RPTV
Pioneer VSX 36TX Receiver
Pioneer DV-C603 Progressive scan dvd/cd player
Aperion Audio 5.1 surround speaker system
Mitsubishi SR-HD5 DSS receiver

And of course a Macintosh imac DV SE for access to all the info on HDTV a human could want.

Gregg Lengling

New to the group but been enjoying HDTV since just before Thanksgiving.  Believe it or not my wife got me the set as a Christmas present.  Now I have to fight her over it....she just loves it.  Here's a list of what we're running in our Entertainment room at home in Cedarburg.

RCA-P61310 integrated 61" 16x9 rear projection
Sony STR-675 receiver
Sony NS700P DVD
KLH 15" 4-way #9915 main channel
KLH 943PL center channel
KLH 911B side/rear channels
Yamaha YST-SW305 200 watt powered Subwoofer
Terks TRKS23 oval dish with 2 dual lnbs
Fringe antenna for OTA signals.
(Both the dish and antenna are on a tower in our yard about 40 and 50' up  respectively.  I've noticed no washout ever on the RCA TV from rain or snow, but still have some washout on our old RCA Sat Box, but have had that since Directv's inception so it's getting a little old).
Yeah I have a VCR but who the hell could watch that lousy picture on this TV.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

MesaV

I bought the wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee, she doesn't question anything I buy now.

Matt Heebner

Now thats the way to please the spouse!

Matt

------------------
My wife looked at the new STB sitting on the rack and she asked me,"This is never going to end, is it?"

tenth_t2

Maybe some Paradigm's in the near future...

------------------
Mitsubishi 55859
Sony DA555ES Receiver
Sony DVP-S300 DVD
Mits U776 S-VHS
A few Sony WEGA's
A mix o'speakers (Infinity, JBL, Bose)
1- Black Rabbit
1- Wife

MesaV

Sony 57XBR 16x9
Sony SAT-HD100
Sony E9000ES PreAmp
Sony N9000ES Amp
Sony DVP-S7700 DVD
Definitive Technologies Speakers
BP2000TL Fronts
2000 Center
BPX Surrounds
PF1500 Sub
Sony CPD-CA9ES CD
Sony ST-SA50ES Tuner
Sony TC-WA8ESA Tape
Panamax MAX 5300
Monster Power HTS 3500

kjnorman

QuoteOriginally posted by MesaV:
I bought the wife a Jeep Grand Cherokee, she doesn't question anything I buy now.

Well I just bought my wife a house (okay - I guess it works for me as well).

We'll move to Whitefish Bay (not far from Silver Spring) in two weeks.  We're only a mile or two from the towers so should pull in a strong signal...

Perhaps now, she will finally allow me to get an stb.  Then again, I am sure she would like a new kitchen before a better TV picture.....  

Kerry

Gregg Lengling

QuoteOriginally posted by kjnorman:
Well I just bought my wife a house (okay - I guess it works for me as well).

We'll move to Whitefish Bay (not far from Silver Spring) in two weeks.  We're only a mile or two from the towers so should pull in a strong signal...

Perhaps now, she will finally allow me to get an stb.  Then again, I am sure she would like a new kitchen before a better TV picture.....  

Kerry

Just thought I'd give you a little advice.  Sure you'll be right by the towers, but too much signal and high-powered reflections can cause all sorts of chaos.  You may end up having to use a real good antenna with attentuator pads.

Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

kjnorman

Lummox, thanks for the advice.

The house has a roof top antenna and it will be interesting to see what kind of signal I get.  I know today that channel 4 leaks into my cable which is not good.

Kerry