News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

OTA Fox 6 weaker signal lately?

Started by bigbwb, Wednesday Apr 16, 2008, 08:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbwb

Hello all,

Just recently I have been getting a weaker signal from my antenna for just fox 6.  I have the antenna in my attic with an amp running into my Directv HD box.  The signal meter varies between 60-70% where as the other locals are typically in the 90's?  The sound/picture cuts out now and then.

I did not chnage anything in my system.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Brandon

Tom Snyder

I was wondering the same thing.

I had to readjust my indoor antenna to find the perfect position for 36-1 and 58-1. I get 6-1 from DirecTV, so I don't need to pick it up OTA. But as I scrolled through the other signals, I notice that 6 was below 50%, so I couldn't get it over the air if I needed to.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

bigbwb

Tom,

I get 6.1 thru Directv too but I record the OTA HD feed with my pc.

Can it be the station changing something temporarily or should i start adjusting my antenna?

bigbwb

Anyone having the same issue?  Tonight for example, American Idol cut in & out every few seconds and most of the show was completely unwatchable.

All my other locals via OTA come in fine except FOX as of just yesterday.

My signal meter thru Directv shows around 80-90% for almost every channel and FOX cust in & out from 0-60%?

This is very frustrating:(

Brandon

gb4fan92

I have DirectTV and American Idol played without a hitch for me.

bigbwb

Were you watching the Directv HD local or the OTA local?

I am having issues with the OTA channel?

I am wondering if the wind has played a factor or somehting has been changed on the broadcast end, because my system has not changed and every other channel is fine.

hmmmm...............

Tom Snyder

I've moved this thread to the SBE Forum and sent John Workman from WITI a PM to let him know this thread is here.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Bebop

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

bigbwb

Quote from: Bebop;45888No Problem here, getting 100%

I wonder if its because you live much cloer to the tower?  I live out in the Mukwonago East Troy area which is almost 35 miles away.  The signal was never real strong but I awlays got around 80-85% signal strenght versus less than 50% now?

Thank Tom, also!

Let me know if you hear anything back,

Brandon

StarvingForHDTV

I'm having trouble with their OTA signal too.  I hope they get it resolved before football season.

troyriley

I'm out in Genoa City (46 miles from transmitter) and watched Fox 6 from 7:00 to 9:00 Wednesday night. I only had one moment of pixelization during that time. Otherwise, my Dish receiver was showing my signal at 100%.

However, it does seem like WITI's signal can be erratic at times. A while back, there were a few nights that the signal would be lost for a few seconds, then be right back at 100%. I eventually got frustrated and would switch over to Fox 39 out of Rockford.

I'll keep an eye on the signal from my neck of the woods and report back if I experience problems.

cjucoder

My OTA DVR recording of Idol from last night had quite a few spurts of pixilation.  Still watchable though.  Normally I have no trouble with Fox.

gb4fan92

Quote from: bigbwb;45883Were you watching the Directv HD local or the OTA local?

I am having issues with the OTA channel?

I am wondering if the wind has played a factor or somehting has been changed on the broadcast end, because my system has not changed and every other channel is fine.

hmmmm...............

Directv HD local

bigbwb

^^^^^

That would explain why you had no issues.  My signal issue stems from the OTA HD signal from the FOX station in Milwaukee.  The only thing Directv does is pull the station names thru the box but not anything to do with the signal.

I will check my signal again tonight,

Thanks guys,

Brandon

bigbwb

update,

Still a very weak signal.  I am at about 40-50% when all other channels are still around 80-90%.

OTA Fox  ch 6.1 is still unwatchable for me.  It cuts out every few seconds and the screen goes blank.

Thanks,
Brandon