News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WITI to be Sold to the Tribune Company

Started by SRW1000, Monday Jul 01, 2013, 09:18:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SRW1000

From the Journal Sentinel:
QuoteThe parent company of Milwaukee TV station WITI-TV (Channel 6) has reached a deal to be acquired by Tribune Co., according to several media reports.

The deal is expected to close by the end of 2013.

There's more to read about the deal from the AP, but it doesn't talk specifically about WITI or Milwaukee.

Scott

John L

WITI seems to be the only station in Milwaukee that is always going thru different ownerships.  I don't expect any changes to the station, I'm sure they will continue with FOX. The only thing that COULD or MIGHT change would be its traditional call letters. But I doubt that will happen.

techguy1975

Quote from: John L;59424WITI seems to be the only station in Milwaukee that is always going thru different ownerships.  I don't expect any changes to the station, I'm sure they will continue with FOX. The only thing that COULD or MIGHT change would be its traditional call letters. But I doubt that will happen.

Changing the call letters would be foolish, as would dropping FOX.  The changes of there being any on-air changes in my opinion is slim to none