News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

WISN calls this "HD"

Started by WITI6fan, Tuesday Jan 17, 2012, 03:46:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WITI6fan

I call it "widescreen SD". Seriously?  The bug is the only thing that appears to be in actual HD.

It's kind of sad that WDJT's HD quality is better...

SRW1000

WISN is not the only local channel to brand their SD field shots as HD.

Unfortunately, not many viewers notice.

WITI6fan

Quote from: SRW1000;58231WISN is not the only local channel to brand their SD field shots as HD.

Unfortunately, not many viewers notice.

I can understand the live shot thing, but even the lower third graphics appear to be in SD. Compare this screenshot from WDJT. Same exact resolution and WDJT looks much better (especially the graphics), even with it's numerous subchannels.

LoadStar

Yeah, I'm really becoming more and more disappointed in WISN. I still prefer their style and their journalism to anyone else in Milwaukee. That said, their production values have gone way down hill, and their HD conversion has been a joke.

Hearst really should put together a team of people from their other successful HD conversions as a consulting team, and bring them in here to teach the Milwaukee guys how to do it.

robd

I fully agree about WISN TV I like there news, but i spent money on HD equipment its to bad that they cant either

trev57

I'm sure everybody will be pleased to hear that WISN will be upgrading their live shots to HD and getting new Hearst graphics (as well as naming the permanent 10pm replacement for Toya Washington) this year.

LoadStar

Quote from: trev57;58299I'm sure everybody will be pleased to hear that WISN will be upgrading their live shots to HD and getting new Hearst graphics (as well as naming the permanent 10pm replacement for Toya Washington) this year.

Jason Newton has been there for so long as the temporary, I'll bet they'll just leave him there.

trev57

Quote from: LoadStar;58304Jason Newton has been there for so long as the temporary, I'll bet they'll just leave him there.

Not from what I've been told, but that could change.

EDIT: After reading this article, maybe Jason will stay on at 10.
http://onmilwaukee.com/movies/articles/newtontalks.html

LoadStar

KFMB-TV San Diego weekend news anchor and reporter Craig McKee has been named the new 10:00 news anchor, along with Kathy Mykelby.

Jason Newton moves to 5:00 and anchors with Toya Washington. Kathy Mykelby will continue to anchor the 6:00 with Terry Sater.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/142536345.html

trev57

Quote from: LoadStar;58360KFMB-TV San Diego weekend news anchor and reporter Craig McKee has been named the new 10:00 news anchor, along with Kathy Mykelby.

Jason Newton moves to 5:00 and anchors with Toya Washington. Kathy Mykelby will continue to anchor the 6:00 with Terry Sater.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/entertainment/142536345.html

Solid hire. He was a really good anchor in San Diego, at least from what I've been told.

trev57

Are WISN's taped reports now in HD? The live shots still look as crappy as ever, but I've noticed lately that the taped reports are looking much brighter and sharper.

Is it just me?:huh?:

trev57

Quote from: trev57;58446Are WISN's taped reports now in HD? The live shots still look as crappy as ever, but I've noticed lately that the taped reports are looking much brighter and sharper.

Is it just me?:huh?:

Nevermind. I was told yesterday that they will be upgrading all field shots to HD by this summer.

LoadStar

I did notice that unlike in the past, they are now using actual HD footage from sources like FS Wisconsin and such... previously they would have really horrible quality SD footage.

LoadStar

Unrelated to their picture quality: am I the only one who *hates* this new reporter they have, Christina Palladino? Annoys the CRAP out of me. Over-annunciates EVERYTHING.

trev57

Quote from: LoadStar;58478Unrelated to their picture quality: am I the only one who *hates* this new reporter they have, Christina Palladino? Annoys the CRAP out of me. Over-annunciates EVERYTHING.

I don't mind her. In my view, she's a step up over Brenden Conway. I couldn't stand him.