News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Ideas for another forum chat

Started by Todd Wiedemann, Wednesday Jun 19, 2002, 09:51:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Todd Wiedemann

In another thread the idea for another chat came up ... I'd like to solicit ideas here.

Gregg said in that thread:

QuoteYou know another chat might include a type of tech support. We have some gurus here (myself included being the the Wireless world). They could relate to antenna problems, switching schemes (multiple switching for component video in with only a single set of jacks on the set), or just general discussion of remediating problems or whatever. I would be happy to help out...I'm sure we've got enough persons around we could even help out the less fortunate (in my business we call them appliance operators, they have no idea how it works) with installs and the such...

I think that's a great idea ... let's expand on it ...

------------------
Todd.
-------
Mitsubishi 55819
Panasonic TU-HDS20
Apex AD-600A

Kevin Arnold

We should try to have somewhat regular chats but I think the moderator idea is a good one since with the larger membership, some organization of the questions is in order. Perhaps we could have a "question of the day" type ongoing forum in which the questions would be funneled to a local expert. With that reduced workload we may be able to prevail on some of the people at TMJ and other stations to answer some questions, particularily if they're not inflammatory. Sean may be able to help us come up with some resources. A free for all chat with any more than about 8 people turns into anarchy fast. Since we all have some areas of expertise we could all contibute to some degree. I would be glad to discuss the serious medical consequences of HD deprivation and perhaps offer a HD patch that could be worn at work........
Kevin Arnold