News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Started by jkane, Wednesday Feb 09, 2005, 02:27:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkane

I was going to update my avatar.  Gregg didn't like my "Got Root" Penguin.  There is no way to select a new one.  I think I deleted my old one.  Now can't find a way to select anything other than no avatar as an option.

Am I missing somethign obvious?

Gregg Lengling

Load it right from your computer.....or from the web....just choose the line for the web and put in the address or grab the line for your local network and browse for the avatar.....DOH....

Am I going to see you tonight in Grafton?
 :Smash:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

vetrev

I also want to add an avatar. But I don't see anything on the page like Gregg is describing. See "want to add picture" thread in this discussion. I think some of us have technical issues yet to be resolved by the "IT department" of this forum.

Gregg Lengling

Click on the User CP at the top of the screen and then go down the left side to the EDIT AVATAR.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

jkane

Alright you joker.  John Cleese is a close resembelance, but my teeth aren't quite as nice as his!  :D

Here's what I'm doing.

Click the "User CP" link at the top of any page.

Click "Edit Avatar".

Once there, the only option is  "O   Do not use an Avatar."

Below that are 2 buttons.  One says "Save Changes", and the other says "Reset Fields".

There is no option to upload or even to chose from an internal list of avatars.

(Sorry I was way to tired last night.  I get up too early to stay out late on a weeknight.   :(   That's why I miss most meetings.)

Gregg Lengling

When I go into my UserCP I see a box to change Avatar, click on that and then it says saved successfully and then gives you two options:  A WWW link to upload or the next box is to search your own computer/network.  Unfortunately when I go in and play with your Control Panel I have to do it via the Admin Panel which is a totally different interface.  And I'm not able to go into yours like you do because even the system won't give me your current password so I can log in like you.  I can however change your password, but I don't think you would like that.

Rereading your message I see what has you confused....click on the save changes and then you will get the screen to change your Avatar and upload a new one.

BTW how do you like your new Avatar?
 :Shoot:
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI

StarvingForHDTV

Hmmm.  I still can't upload an avatar.

jkane

Nope, save changes doesn't add any options.  I can keep removing the weird avatars you keep adding for me,  ;) but can't add my own, nor even pick from any list of pre-loaded ones.

Here, try these if you want pictures to turn into avatars.

Hunting the elusive bambi.
http://www.kane1.com/hunting2004/DSC00779.JPG

Santa is thirsty.
http://trubs.kane1.com/dec2004/hohoho.jpg

Making Beer.
http://trubs.kane1.com/jul2004/P7014107.JPG

My personal feeling about your choices of avatars for me!
http://trubs.kane1.com/feb2004/ScribbleOnThis.jpg

PatM

I had a avitar, but clicked on "Do not use avitar"
Once this was done, clicking on save changes doesn't come up with a option to load a new one.
Something has changed since the forum was updated to the new format.
I am also not able to load a new avitar now.  :(

Tom Snyder

Try it again guys. We made an adjustment....
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

PatM

It works now.
Thanks!

jkane

Thanks!  Looks better now.   :D

StarvingForHDTV

I don't know if any of you ever saw the Seinfeld episode where Jerry had his kitchen remodeled, and then had it changed back because he didn't like it.  That's how I feel.....