News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

STB question

Started by Jeffbyk, Wednesday Mar 20, 2002, 10:27:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeffbyk

I am forum'd out with all of the searching that I have been doing on STBs.  Sounds like each one has its own set of issues that you need to decide if you are willing to live with.

My decision has dwindled down to 2 basic options:

1. Simple option but may be limiting...Go with the Samsung OTA only STB, keep cable and rely on TWC catching up someday to provide other HD channels; or

2. More complex setup for additional analog TVs but I would get HDNet...Get the Hughes STB with Directv, disconnect TWC and hope Directv adds HD content quicker than TWC.

Can anyone out there give me info that would make me lean in one direction or the other, for whatever reason?

Jeff

MesaV

Jeffbyk, well the decision is yours. With all the problems that people are having with TWC and their HD STB's, if you can get one, why aren't people going with satellite.  I have the Sony SAT-HD100, it decodes HD Sat, Digital Cable, and OTA digital.  Since I don't have Digital Cable, I can't verify the fact that it will decode the TWC digital signal.  
DirecTV has HDNet, HBO HD, and in this issue of Sound and Vision it was reported that DirecTV is adding another HD channel.
My neighbor has Digital TWC and has just last week burned up is second STB.  He looked as though he'd lost his puppy.
My son-in-law had Digital TWC in Muk town and kept it when he moved to Waukesha.  He now has DirecTV and couldn't be happier.
I don't know anything about the Hughes STB, but I know Flanner's has a special on it now.

kjnorman

From what I have read, the Sony SAT-HD100 does not decode digital cable.  No where have I read that it does, so I would not bank on it doing TWC.