News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Antenna Grounding

Started by drgingras, Friday Mar 15, 2002, 09:29:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drgingras

If you've frequented sites like AVS and SPot, you know that this subject has given birth to many threads and opinions. With the approach of spring and antenna questions by other members, I thought it might be a good idea to share some of our thoughts, experiences and links on this subject.
Here's a start:

Antenna grounding will not eliminate all possibilities of a direct lightning strike. However, it will disperse wind-induced static buildup, making your antenna a less attractive ground source for lightning.

Lightning is electricity - lots of it ! Who knows more about dealing with this stuff than a good electrician? OK, maybe a mad scientist, but I think they're more into attracting than avoiding. If you are in good with an electrician, ask questions. Then share the answers with us !

Most, if not all communities have code requirements in place for grounding issues.  Consult your local electricial inspector regarding codes and compliance.

Comments, etc. are encouraged,

Dave

------------------
I kinda thought that might happen ...
I kinda thought that might happen ...