News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

HDTV systems at Flanners

Started by flash, Wednesday Mar 06, 2002, 12:23:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

I was at Blockbuster last night and they were offering an extension (till Monday)for their DirectTV special offer.
52 Weeks of free rentals.
HBO and Cinemax for 3 months FREE!
Basic system w/install for FREE!
Can these DirectTV deals be started with any of these companies packages and still request a specific installer like Jeff Burback?

------------------
Gordy M.

[This message has been edited by flash (edited 03-07-2002).]

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder:
Is Jeff the subcontractor from Ozaukee County? ... He was from Saukville or Pt. Washington I think.

Tom... No, I don't think this is the same guy. Jeff is in West Milwaukee according to his business card. On 54th Street.

Gordy... My house is a ranch, but as others have said, it's will likely not make much difference. Again, Jeff does excellent work. Goes well above what most others do. Let me know how it goes, if you have him out.

------------------
Steve M. Mann
Mits 65908
Panasonic TU-HDS20
Sony SAT-T60
My Home Theater
My Young DVD Collection
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by flash:

Can these DirectTV deals be started with any of these companies packages and still request a specific installer like Jeff Burback?
Probably not. I'm sure they have specific deals worked out with their usual contractors. You never know though. Ask them. It's even possible that Jeff is one of the contractors that Blockbuster uses in this area.

------------------
Steve M. Mann
Mits 65908
Panasonic TU-HDS20
Sony SAT-T60
My Home Theater
My Young DVD Collection
Steve M. Mann
My Theater

flash

Steve,
According to Jeffs wife he kinda works exclusivley for Flanners as a sub. Not DirectTV. Flanners doesn't have any systems in as of yet but they believe the STB to be a "Hughes".  Do you or anyone else have any information on this box.

------------------
Gordy M.

Steve Mann

Steve,
According to Jeffs wife he kinda works exclusivley for Flanners as a sub. Not DirectTV. Flanners doesn't have any systems in as of yet but they believe the STB to be a "Hughes".  Do you or anyone else have any information on this box.

Well, I never really mean to imply that he worked for DirecTV. I knew better than that. He's a local contractor that does his thing for Flanner's (and possibly others) and stuff on his own. According to his business card, he does DSS, Phone, Antennas etc. The hard part would be using him and then still getting the free install if it's from business that does not normally use him. Needless to say, there are plenty of good installers out there if you end up not being able to use him. But if you go thru Flanner's, it should definitely be an option.

As for the Hughes box, it's likely the E86. I don't have any person experience with one, but it was the one I almost bought before I decided on my Panny TU-HDS20. You can read a little about it here:
 http://www.expertsatellite.com/hughigdefpla.html

Steve M. Mann
My Theater

Tom Snyder

QuoteTom... No, I don't think this is the same guy. Jeff is in West Milwaukee according to his business card. On 54th street.

Does he have a company name on his card, or is just it "Jeff Burback... Have ladder, will travel?"  
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

flash

I spoke to Paul Hugdahl at Flanners and they are VERY aware of this forum.  He even mentioned Todd Wiedemann by name.  He did say that Flanners utilizes Jeff Burback on their installations so... I can request him specifically. Now I can just deposit my money and schedule the install with Jeff. I want to thank everyone for their input and can't wait to see HDTV in my own home. First DirectTV then..... OTA!!!!!

------------------
Gordy M.

Matt Heebner

Just in case that it is a DTC-100, and you are using a Mitsubishi....I have a VGA to RGBHV 6' cable I would be willing to part with for $35. I also have a VGA 6' extension also. Both can be had for $50.

Matt

flash

Thanks anyway Matt. The STB is the Hughes E86. For an additional $49 I purchased another "Hughes" SD box so....Dual LNB dish (with room for the 3rd LNB), Hughes HD STB, a second SD DirectTV box and installation from Jeff(Scheduled for next Thursday)all for ~$550... WOW!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. Jeff called me on the phone and was VERY informative about locations and we also discussed OTA possibilities.

------------------
"I want my HDTV"
Gordy M.

SteveMiller

For any one who is wondering what the Hughes HD Box is like, check out the Toshiba DST-300 or the Mits SR-HD400.. they are both made by Hughes for Tosh and Mits... same box....

- Steve Miller

Steve Mann

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom Snyder:
Does he have a company name on his card, or is just it "Jeff Burback... Have ladder, will travel?"  

Hehe.. SO, you do know the guy then.  

Seriously, it's JB Custom Wiring and Installations.

Steve M. Mann
My Theater

Steve Mann

I spoke to Paul Hugdahl at Flanners and they are VERY aware of this forum. He even mentioned Todd Wiedemann by name. [...]Now I can just deposit my money and schedule the install with Jeff. I want to thank everyone for their input and can't wait to see HDTV in my own home.

Congratulations, Gordy. You're going to basking in the joys of HDTV in no time.

It's good to hear that Flanner's is aware of this forum. Maybe we'll get some folks from there to participate.

Steve M. Mann
My Theater

flash

QuoteIt's good to hear that Flanner's is aware of this forum. Maybe we'll get some folks from there to participate.
Steve,
When I purchased the system from Paul this afternoon his manager stated that they would check into this forum. It will not only help Flanners but will be beneficial to all local retailers including American TV and BB,CC. An informed public will promote healthy HDTVing.

------------------
"I want my HDTV"
Gordy M.

[This message has been edited by flash (edited 03-07-2002).]

flash

Just an update to everyone.... Jeff just left after installing my NEW Hughes HDTV DirectTV system for $499 from Flanners.
WOW, WOW, WOW!!!!!!! He does excellent work!
This is sooooo cool!!!!!!!
Thanks again to everyone!!!

------------------
"I've got my HDTV"
Gordy M.

MesaV

Congratulations flash, you'll like the satellite verses digital cable.  Now I'm going to hear it!

[This message has been edited by MesaV (edited 03-15-2002).]