News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

New DVR Code For SA8000

Started by RS922, Tuesday Oct 19, 2004, 07:39:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigdog

If you force the box to reboot will that get the latest code??

Mark Strube

QuoteOriginally posted by Bigdog
If you force the box to reboot will that get the latest code??

It should already have the new code, but that can't hurt. What I did (and this might be mostly superstition and not do much good) is reboot the box, and once it finishes, I called TW's 800 number, got to the menu you go to when you're having problems with your cable, so they'd send their signal to my box. Once they do that, and it starts to forward me to an operator, I hang up. I do this because when I first got my box and my HD package wasn't coming thru, this fixed it instantly, so doing that seems to send your box the latest info, maybe the latest firmware, who knows, can't hurt. Although I'm pretty sure it downloads the latest firmware when the box reboots.

Mark Strube

Oh and Bigdog, on the front of your box, hold down SELECT (the middle of the bullseye) and EXIT until is says DIAG on the display. Then go to channel 611.

My versions show up as Passport v.1.5.159 and PowerTV v.6.4.11.1sp

gparris

quote from mhz40:
"Thanks for the feedback UnrealityS & gparris. I have forwarded your results to one of the local people regularly involved on the conference calls regarding this issue."

Last night I was playing my analogue and HD shows and noticed that when you play your recorded shows the box does not sync the sound to the video without stopping the show and restarting.

Additionally, this new software code has prevented me from fast forwarding around the commmercials on recorded shows without getting these sound sync problems happening again.
It's like I am afraid to use my HD DVRs - a "what now?" type of scenario.  

Any ideas? :(

mhz40:
Do you think I should unplug my DVRs and let it reboot, as per these suggestions?
Thanks in advance...its getting really frustrating!:bang:

Bigdog

Thanks UnrealityS, I just checked and have the same version as you so guess I am all set.

Mark Strube

That's really strange gparris... I haven't had any problems like you've described, even before this latest update.

gparris

While I did not change the box, I did a reboot of one of my boxes that did not sync up when I fast forwarded out of commercials or when I started to play from a recording. So far, it seems better.
I unplugged the DVR, waited half an hour and let it set unpowered completely, then plugged the box back in and let it say "boot" on the box and tried it again and so far, other than some pixelation and audio dropouts, no sync problems, yet.:D

Mark Strube

WE WANT FIREWIRE! WE WANT FIREWIRE!! :D
(and DVI)

Hey what do you say we picket TWC till they cave? :drink: