News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Recording HD Programs from SA8000DVR

Started by The Law, Tuesday Sep 21, 2004, 03:44:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Law

Third time posing this question.  Would appreciate response:bang:

Can I move HD content to a VCR/DVD player from the SA8000-HD DVR?

I understand that it would not be output in HD, but does anyone know if it can be recorded even if it's down converted to SD?  If so, can it be known if it would be cropped or widescreen?

Thanks

gb4fan92

Looking at a few postings on AVS forum I've seen that the save to VCR is part of the settings software. Since we don't have this feature in our software I would think it is not possible to do yet. Perhaps we are one software upgrade or two away from being able to save our recordings on a vcr/dvd player.

RS922

You can change the output mode of the box from HD to SD mode (I posted procedure for this in "Official 8000HD DVR Users Thread).  You would then have to run a video cable from the "video out Y/V" connector to a VCR or other recorder.  You will get HD content downconverted (16 x 9) with grey bars on the top and bottom of the screen, but you can record it.   The RF output is active during SD mode as well, but quality is not as great.  

Since the last software download (late August), the box will revert to HD output mode after each power on, so just turn off and back on after recabling the Y/V connector to get the connection restored to the HD monitor after recording.