News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Need Help!! -Changing output formats

Started by Packman04, Monday Aug 23, 2004, 09:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Packman04

I just got the SA 8000HD from TWC tonight.  Well, I started goofing around with the settings on it.  What I ended up doing is setting it up so that it just output 720p and nothing else.  I did this just by going into the settings, then more settings button.  

Anyway, my tv only supports 1080i, so when I did this the screen got really funky and scrolls.  Now I cant decipher anything on the screen.

What I need is either a quick fix on how to reset this back to 1080i or if there is no way, I need the exact buttons to press and commands so that I can just turn on the power and set it up blindly.  So to start I hit the power button, then I hit settings, then after that I press A for more settings....  And that is all I can remember.  If someone could be so kind I now need to know something like- press the down arrow three times to get to outpou formats, then left, then go down three times and hit select for 1080i, or whatever the command may be to get it back to just outputting 1080i.

Remember, if you are so kind to list the commands, I am doing this as if I was blind.
Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks.

dlhoppe

RS922

This sequence will get you to output formats:
"settings"
"A"
arrow down 3 times
press "right arrow" or "select"
first output format on my list is 480p
arrowing down, 720p, 1080i, 480i come up in that order, then 480p again.

I'm not sure if selected output comes up first or in order above.

If the box gets really fouled up, TWC can send a "factory settings" hit to reset everything.  It will clear recorded programs on next reboot, so be aware if requesting this reset.

MathWiz579

Settings -> A -> Down -> Down -> Down -> Right -> Up -> Up -> Select -> A

That should do it.  Hope it works!

Packman04

Wow, what quick replies.  Worked great!  Thanks again for the help.

HDAddict

LOL!  This cracks me up because I did the exact same thing literally minutes before the start of the Packers/Saints game.  I thought I wasn't going to be able to watch the game! haha!  I didn't even think to get on here to ask for help.  After resetting the box didn't work I lucked out and did it in the blind on the first try. :D