News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Navigator: Please Wait

Started by ZelmoSwift, Saturday Jan 19, 2008, 07:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZelmoSwift

I don't know if this is an old issue, but read on.

About once/week my HD Time Warner box has been "freezing" after being turned on with 'Please Wait' displayed on the screen. After letting it sit for 20 minutes, I turn off the TV and unplug/plug-in the HD box so it reboots. I had to do it again yesterday and it took 30 minutes for the reboot to complete. The box went to channel 01, but when I tried to pull-up the channel guide 'Please Wait' reappeared for another 10 minutes. I turned-off the power to the box (using the remote), turned it back on and now everything's fine.  In a week, I'll probably need to repeat all this.

Any ideas on this?

TPK

Quote from: ZelmoSwift;43953I don't know if this is an old issue, but read on.

About once/week my HD Time Warner box has been "freezing" after being turned on with 'Please Wait' displayed on the screen. After letting it sit for 20 minutes, I turn off the TV and unplug/plug-in the HD box so it reboots. I had to do it again yesterday and it took 30 minutes for the reboot to complete. The box went to channel 01, but when I tried to pull-up the channel guide 'Please Wait' reappeared for another 10 minutes. I turned-off the power to the box (using the remote), turned it back on and now everything's fine.  In a week, I'll probably need to repeat all this.

Any ideas on this?

Ya,

Try holding down the power button for 7 seconds instead of unplugging the power to reboot....  At least this way, you won't have to go to the back of the box to force a reboot....

Helpful???  Well, probably not much.....

Jack 1000

Quote from: TPK;43959Ya,

Try holding down the power button for 7 seconds instead of unplugging the power to reboot....  At least this way, you won't have to go to the back of the box to force a reboot....

Helpful???  Well, probably not much.....

Actually, I think that is for Passport.  For Navigator on some boxes it is hold down the VOL+ and VOL- button and Info. for a reboot.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

kevbeck122

Does your box have HDC after the model #?  I noticed the same thing after time when I had a 4250HDC.  Eventually I got sick of it and they gave me a 3250HD as a replacement.. which is much better.  It responds faster to the remote and I only get "Please Wait" sometimes when the guide isn't loaded.

ZelmoSwift

kevbeck122: Yes, I have the 4250HDC. I'll try getting the other box & see how it works.
Thanx for your input.