News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Channel 6 and 58 not broadcasting??

Started by xanaduguy, Saturday Jul 02, 2005, 07:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xanaduguy

I just redid a channel scan and I am no longer getting channel 6 (33-1 /D33) or Cahnnel 58 (46-1/D46).   :mad:
Did something change? I did not find any other posts recently talking about this.
any help would be great!
 :bang:

I am in New Berlin and my Antenna is pointing slightly north East  as per anntenaweb instructions.

I  dunno what happened.

xanaduguy

anyone out there have any suggestions? :bang:

Gilbert

Quote from: xanaduguyanyone out there have any suggestions? :bang:

As for WDJT, they had a message on screen that they were going off the air for their power upgrade.

I betcha channel 6 is doing the same thing. Des Moines, IA stations are scrambling as well. Lots of engineers working overtime this weekend
across the country in many markets, believe me...

Gilbert

xanaduguy

I hope so.. they have been going in and out for over 2 weeks now. I dont check it even that often since I dont beliee they will be broadcasting.
well I hope it gets done by this weekend.

DanDyer

If you were able to receive the signal before this last Tuesday, you should definitely be able to receive it now.  We were off the air with the digital signal from Tuesday thru Thursday, but are back on the air now.  Full power will be coming up about mid-week this next week as we are waiting on replacement parts (not everything goes as planned!)
Dan Dyer
Chief Engineer WDJT/WMLW/WYTU

xanaduguy

ok I am turing on my projector now and my HD card.  I will post back the results.
Thanks for the fast response! :bow:

xanaduguy

nope... nuthin...  I get a no signal  for UPN and also D33 / 33-1.

I didnt change anything on my side. as to my location I am in New Berlin near Calhoun and Greenfield Road.

any Reason why reception is bad for me? analog comes in just fine BTW.

waterhead

All of my channels are coming in loud and clear. I did lose 58.1 & 58.2 during the tower work.
My location is around 27th and Rawson in Franklin
Channels 6.1 & 58.1/58.2 are showing about the same strength, around 75%.

I also am using a signal amplifier. I couldn't get 6.1 or 58.1/.2 at all before I hooked it up. I may have to disconnect it after all stations go full power.

xanaduguy

I dunno what to say. I am still getting a  "no signal" when I am tuning to them.  I do get occasionally a 2%  but then it fades to nothing again.

waterhead

Looks like the problem is on your side. You say nothing has changed, but the wind and elements could have moved your antenna around and messed with the connections.

I would start checking everything, but first, make sure the antenna is aimed correctly

Good luck!

xanaduguy

well I have checked everything and it doesnt make any sense....
all analog stations are coming in just fine.
Channel 6 shows 11% every other second in my signal meter on screen. 58 is completely "no signal"  I just dont get it. .
I am gonna try a signal amplifier from Radio shack first and then if that doesnt work I was looking at the Channel Master 4228. and set it up in the attic to go directly to my HD card (mdp-130).
Any other thoughts on what I should do?

SRW1000

Quote from: xanaduguyAny other thoughts on what I should do?
58 is coming in nicely for me now, even without the final power upgrade.

Just as an idea, have you tried deleting 58, and then rescanning for it?  This has worked for me before, but I'm using a STB.

Scott

xanaduguy

yup that s the wierd thing... I  just turned on the projector and computer one day and  no digital version of 58 or 6 anymore. all the analog stations are just fine. I did a complete rescan and the mdp130 HDtv card did not even find channel 6 digital.
I am gonna try an amplifier from Radio shack next but if that fails I am gonna go get a Channel Master 4228 and try that out. :bang:

jfelbab

You may want to check your connectors.  Perhaps moisture got in?  It sounds more like your antenna shifted its position.  You may need to realign it.