News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Help with Hughes E86

Started by zeke, Monday Feb 24, 2003, 11:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zeke

I hope this is the correct forum.   I am having a wierd problem with my Hughes E86.

If I punch in 4 to get channel 4, I get the OTA broadcast of 4.  If I push the channel up arrow, I get the directv broadcast of 4.

If I use the guide button & select 4, I get the directv broadcast of 4.

Does anyone have any ideas why this may be happening?  When I push 4, I want to get the directv version, not the ghost filled ota version.

BTW, same thing for the other local channels.

flash

You'll have to go into your installation menu to remove the channels.  I don't remember exactly where but it's in the local area #1 (antennae). Then you'll have to uncheck the "analog" channels.  Hope this helps.

El Marko

I've noticed the same thing recently and was just about to post a question about it. Although if I punch in 4 I get the ghost riddled ANT version. If I use the arrow keys, I get the clear DirecTV 4. Same on all other locals as well.

I went into the channel list and did notice two sets of locals in there. I "unchecked" the ANT versions of the locals (the ones that have the call letters, not the ML4, ML6 etc). This didn't help. I even tried "unchecking" the DirecTV ones just for grins. That didn't help either.

I've never noticed 2 sets of locals in the channel list before. Could this be some sort of bug in a recent upgrade?

BTW I have ANT connected to local 1 and DirecTV connected to the SAT.

El Marko

OK, I've fixed the problem on my E86 and here's how I did it: Note that after each item I hit "done" until I was to the top of the menu system.

1. Canceled zip code in dish menu.
2. Cleared all channels in local area.
3. Selected "none" for local area 1.
4. Cleared all channels in Channel list.
5. Powered down E86.
6. Unplugged E86 from AC outlet.
7. Disconnected antenna feed.
8. Let unit sit for 30 minutes.

1. Connected antenna feed.
2. Plugged in and powered up E86 (let unit acquire guide)
3. Set zip code
4. Selected "antenna" for local area 1.
5. Scanned for local channels.
6. Selected HD channels only in local area list.
7. Set up my channel lists.

Everything is now working fine.   I don't know if any one part is responsible for fixing the problem, I simply tried to clear as much out of the E86 as I could, power it down and disconnect it from AC in order to reset it, and then bring it back up like it was new. Hope this helps.