News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC is Now Spectrum-(Thread for FAQ and Experiences With The Change)

Started by Jack 1000, Saturday Jan 21, 2017, 01:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack 1000

Hey Guys,

I am not a techy.  But have been following the TWC to Spectrum transition and it is now official.  I thought we could use this thread to share our experiances with the transition and provide information to help each other.  Perhaps this topic could be pinned if it gets enough useful information:

This is a General Consensus of What is Known at this time:

1.) You can continue to keep your legacy TWC account for as long as you believe you are getting a good deal on your services.

2.) If you choose to change your account in any way, you will have to take a Spectrum Plan.

3.) If you take a Spectrum Plan, you can't go back to a TWC Plan, because the company no longer exists, except for grandfather-claused services for legacy customers until they expire.

3.) Charter, (Which owns the Spectrum brand) is known for more straight-forward billing with smaller increases each year than TWC.

4.) However, Charter is less generous with discount rates and new promotions for existing customers.  This does not mean you will not get a break if you are polite and negotiate well, but the discount off will likely be smaller.

5.) Spectrum does not offer Whole House DVR (WHDVR)  You will lose that feature, if you have it and change to a Spectrum Package.  Nor six tuner boxes.  They do offer a deal on multiple DVR's  This is in the literature contained in the PDF file below. 

6.) Some divisions have been allowed to keep their six tuner boxes when switching to a Spectrum plan and some have not. Please let us know if the reps are allowing the six-tuner boxes to be kept in Wisconsin when moving to a Spectrum plan.

7.) DSL Reports has a PDF file of Spectrum Services and Ala-Carte Pricing here:

https://www.timewarnercable.com/content/dam/residential/pdfs/rate-cards/MW/MW_SPP_Milwaukee_WIS_1080578-CL.pdf

Jack

Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

techguy1975

LoadStar

To anyone that made the change from TWC to Charter TV plans: what plan are you on, and does it include Fox Sports Wisconsin? The channel listings on the website, and the retail price list, don't indicate that it is included with any of their plans.

Jack 1000

Quote from: LoadStar on Thursday Jan 26, 2017, 07:21:12 AM
To anyone that made the change from TWC to Charter TV plans: what plan are you on, and does it include Fox Sports Wisconsin? The channel listings on the website, and the retail price list, don't indicate that it is included with any of their plans.

Sup Loadstar?

Good question about Fox Sports Wisconsin.  I found the following on the national Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 channels on Spectrum. That PDF file above, to which I linked, shows that Fox Sports 1 is in Spectrum Select.  (Their first package choice) and Fox Sports 2 is in Spectrum Silver.  Spectrum Silver I read is their most popular plan.  Spectrum Gold gives you everything.  When you take a package, it automatically includes every package below the package that you take.  Good question though.  What channel is local Fox Sports Wisconsin on legacy TWC?  I always thought that this was a part of Fox Sports 1?  Maybe somebody with a converted Spectrum account can select the channel for Fox Sports Wisconsin and see if it is still there?

Jack

LoadStar

Quote from: Jack 1000 on Friday Jan 27, 2017, 09:41:10 AM
Quote from: LoadStar on Thursday Jan 26, 2017, 07:21:12 AM

Sup Loadstar?

Good question about Fox Sports Wisconsin.  I found the following on the national Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 channels on Spectrum. That PDF file above, to which I linked, shows that Fox Sports 1 is in Spectrum Select.  (Their first package choice) and Fox Sports 2 is in Spectrum Silver.  Spectrum Silver I read is their most popular plan.  Spectrum Gold gives you everything.  When you take a package, it automatically includes every package below the package that you take.  Good question though.  What channel is local Fox Sports Wisconsin on legacy TWC?  I always thought that this was a part of Fox Sports 1?  Maybe somebody with a converted Spectrum account can select the channel for Fox Sports Wisconsin and see if it is still there?

Jack

Jack

FOX Sports Wisconsin is one of their many regional sports channels, and is on 31, 309, and 1309. It has nothing to do with either FOX Sports 1 or FOX Sports 2, which are their two national sports channels.

Jack 1000

Guys,

What model DVR boxes are being given out in our area on truck rolls?  I heard in some areas, Spectrum has been giving out older boxes.  I hope you are not getting SA model units.  Arris, Cisco, and Samsungs are the new boxes.

Jack