News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Questions about Charter

Started by kevbeck122, Tuesday Sep 13, 2011, 10:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

I'm in the process of helping a family member get an HDTV for the first time, setting it up, and getting the HD service from Charter.  She has Charter digital service, but currently doesn't have an HD box.  

As far as pricing, does Charter charge extra for HD service?  I didn't really get a straight answer from them, though they told me an HD box is $10 per month.  I don't know if that's more than a standard box or not.  Are the HD boxes Motorola like the SD boxes.. along with that crappy IPG that looks a little like this: http://files.myopera.com/elcid73/files/chartercable.jpg ?

Is there any way around the "installation fee" other than going to the Charter office and getting it yourself?  I was told they would charge $50 to come out and swap the box.

Tom Snyder

The folks at Charter told me to have you contact them: umatter2charter@chartercom.com
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

kevbeck122

Thanks Tom.  I got most of my answers within 20 minutes after emailing them.

Because of varying cable systems they couldn't give me box information, but I'm assuming it'll be a Motorola box.