News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Cat5 Extenders

Started by kevbeck122, Friday Sep 18, 2009, 05:37:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

Does anyone have any experience with something like this: http://cgi.ebay.com/COMPONENT-VIDEO-STEREO-AUDIO-Balun-CAT5-Cable-EXTENDER_W0QQitemZ250442858891QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3a4f8ec18b&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14 ?

Basically what I want to do is send the component out from my HR22 in the living room to my bedroom TV.  I have HDMI hooked up to my living room receiver/TV... I'm assuming all outputs are active on the DVR.  I'm just wondering how much it degrades the signal.  The cable run will probably be 25-50 ft.

CrashCamomilli

I can not speak to the quaility of that paticular device, but we use a similar system in an industrial enviroment to run a DVI dignal to a distant user panel and the quaility is quite good.  

There are some really good quality ethernet media extenders out there now

AndrewP

Good 50" HDMI cable will be much cheaper (~$30 at Monoprice.com).
That is what I have.

kevbeck122

Thanks for the replies.

Quote from: AndrewP;53562Good 50" HDMI cable will be much cheaper (~$30 at Monoprice.com).
That is what I have.

I'll probably go this route now that I see that Monoprice has HDMI splitters.  I'll just get a powered 1x2 splitter and try that.