News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Antenna installation

Started by madsdad, Sunday Feb 24, 2008, 02:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madsdad

Yes I know I could probably do this myself, but I would feel more comfortable having a professional do it.  Plus I want to watch March Madness in HD.   I live in Kenosha and would like to add an antenna in my attic for high Def and be able to get both Chicago and Milwaukee locals.  I would like to have the antenna also connected to a junction panel so I can make my own runs in the future.  I would like 3 different DirectTV Boxes added currently.  So my questions are this

1.   How much can expect to pay for this?
2.   Does anyone have any some references on who to contact for this?
3.   Are there any Direct TV HD boxes that work better then others for this?

Thanks in advance

Mark

steve053

See post #20 in this thread for an installer that is highly recomended in this forum.

http://www.milwaukeehdtv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=7675&page=2

madsdad

Jeff wasn't available so he recommended Kemmer TV.   I called them and they made a visit to my house today.   They do charge a trip charge and work hourly so some projects, like mine, can get totally out of hand.   He installed two Channel Masters 4221's and a preamp.  One faces toward Milwaukee and another toward Chicago in my attic.   Larry Neuens neuens@execpc.com then ran cables to hook up 2 of my TV's.  I will report back on which channels I am getting. We also ran phone connectors so I can pick up caller id on screen as well.   Larry was very timely, knowledgeable and friendly.  I would really love to get him back here as I still want two more cable runs, I need to make the wife happy,   and I would like to add an fm antenna as well.  I guess I will have to wait maybe this time next year But we can use the wire on the outside of the house!