News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Dish Question

Started by kevbeck122, Saturday Mar 01, 2008, 06:02:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

I'm possibly looking at switching to E* sometime in the near future.  I'm probably gonna go with the ViP722 receiver and the $29.99 Dish HD package without locals.  Which dish are they using nowadays for new installs?  Are they still using the Superdish?

jkane

Super dish is dead.  YEAH!  They have a 1000 family now.  They add a .# to identify the particular model.  The 1000.2 is what I have.  You'll love the 722.  It is really good.  Takes a few weeks to learn it's tweaks, but it will record 3 things at once with an antenna for locals.

tbarney

Quote from: kevbeck122;44894I'm possibly looking at switching to E* sometime in the near future.  I'm probably gonna go with the ViP722 receiver and the $29.99 Dish HD package without locals.  Which dish are they using nowadays for new installs?  Are they still using the Superdish?

If you do decide to hook up an antenna to get the OTA locals in HD you should have pretty good luck. I see from your profile that you are in the falls. I'm in Germantown and I can get all of the Milwaukee locals at about 90% with an antenna that I put in the attic.  As the other post says, it is nice to be able to record 3 things at once if you are using an antenna for OTA

kevbeck122

Quote from: jkaneSuper dish is dead. YEAH! They have a 1000 family now. They add a .# to identify the particular model. The 1000.2 is what I have. You'll love the 722. It is really good. Takes a few weeks to learn it's tweaks, but it will record 3 things at once with an antenna for locals.

Thanks for the info.  I'm glad the superdish is no longer used.. it just looks big and ugly.  I just wasn't sure what they were using because I see a bunch of variations.. 1000.2, 1000+, 500+, etc.

Quote from: tbarneyIf you do decide to hook up an antenna to get the OTA locals in HD you should have pretty good luck. I see from your profile that you are in the falls. I'm in Germantown and I can get all of the Milwaukee locals at about 90% with an antenna that I put in the attic. As the other post says, it is nice to be able to record 3 things at once if you are using an antenna for OTA

I record OTA through my computer right now.  I'm currently using rabbit ears, which work fine for the most part with an occasional hiccup.  I'm moving to Sussex, so I'll probably be putting an antenna in the attic.