News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

"Nature" missing dialogue

Started by gopheralex, Thursday Jul 06, 2006, 07:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gopheralex

Anyone else notice that the Monterey Bay Aquarium episode of Nature on MPTV tonight is missing the dialogue? The background music and all the other sounds are there, but when people's lips move, nothing comes out. Super weird, I've never seen anything like that before. I would have thought that PBS would be have mixed down the audio portion of the program before broadcast. Looks like that's not the case. Anyone know how they do it exactly?

I happen to like it, it's zen-like and suits this particular program well.  ;)

jfelbab

Quote from: gopheralexAnyone else notice that the Monterey Bay Aquarium episode of Nature on MPTV tonight is missing the dialogue? The background music and all the other sounds are there, but when people's lips move, nothing comes out. Super weird, I've never seen anything like that before. I would have thought that PBS would be have mixed down the audio portion of the program before broadcast. Looks like that's not the case. Anyone know how they do it exactly?

I happen to like it, it's zen-like and suits this particular program well.  ;)

I noticed the same thing.  The background sounds were there.  Really strange.  All was corrected toward the end of the program.

I love the Monterey Bay Aquarium.  I try to go there every year or two.  Fascinating area.