News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Denon 3808CI for $1099 free shipping

Started by flash, Saturday Dec 01, 2007, 10:39:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flash

Well I just got off of the phone with Roberto at 6th Ave Electronics and they are running that awesome deal again!
I saw it on fatwallet and missed out on it last time but........ I got one this time!!!!
I called and ordered one right away. Roberto says that I should post the deal because he only has a few left at the $1099 price with FREE shipping.
The Denon comes with a manufacterers warranty and by using my MC it doubles the manufacturers warranty to give me a total of 4 years warranty. For those of you who want to purchase the extended warranty, it's like $69 or something like that.
6th Ave is an authorized Denon factory rep so it's the same as walking into a BB or American TV.
The reciever is normally $1599 so $500 off with free shipping is an awesome deal if your in the market for a new state of the art HDMI reciever!
Make sure you ask for Roberto because he's very easy to deal with and tell him you saw the deal here!

Contact information:
1-877-684-2831
Roberto, ext 8609

gparris

Congradulations, flash, knew you'd find a terrific deal to get you going.
Good luck on the delivery and setup and keep us posted on your new HT setup!
Now you probably have got Paul S. drooling for one! :wave:

flash

Thanks gparris!
I'm pretty excited about the new purchase. My wife and I figured that I bought my Sony ES 14 years ago so it was time.

Believe it or not...... my wife wants me to pick out a new HDTV before we host Christmas!!!!!!
I keep telling her that I want to wait for CES 2008 and see if laser technology will hit the market. I'll have to wait about 6 weeks before we know any more news on that front and then I'll have to wait another 6 months till they hit the showroom floors.
If I were to go out today and buy one though..... I'd probably get the 60" SXRD for ~$1,500 but the back of my brain is saying..... "wait for laserrrrrrr"

gparris

Looks like the SXRD sets, 3rd-generation are a hit with cnet, the A3000 series:
http://reviews.cnet.com/projection-tvs/sony-kds-55a3000/4505-6484_7-32468848.html?tag=txt
The A3000s may be ready for discount at the Sony Outlet Center in Pleasant Prairie, but the A2020's are still of great value, too!

As for "Laser TV":
http://www.smh.com.au/news/technology/laser-tv-plasma-killer-launch-delayed/2007/11/27/1196036860110.html
Looks like waiting for SED could be a bit faster.

Remember, new tech sometimes has to get the "bugs" out, too.

You and the wife could wait forever, but IF I were you, I'd check out the new Sony SXRD set- no tax, free "white glove" shipping and a great price!
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-S949q4jTM7v/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?I=15860a3000&cc=01

Happy viewing!:wave:

flash

As  usual gparris, you hit the nail on the head. The A3000 would be the TV of choice for me. The Kuro's are great but I'm not willing to shell out $5,000 for a 60" TV.
The 60" A3000 is the "best bang for your buck" out there right now. If I can find one for $1500-$1600 I may jump on it and not wait for laser.
As usual for me, it's all about the deal I get. :blush:

gparris

Crutchfield's price of $1899 for a new, non-outlet (or refurbished) set is amazing!!!

Remember, this is for a 3rd-generation SXRD 60-inch set with no tax or shipping charges!

My 60" SXRD from 19 months ago cost me $3599 plus shipping and tax, alone and this was the 1st generation set, on sale...ouch!:blush:

If I were in your place and the wife wanted a new HDTV for hosting Christmas and all, this is what I would get, no more waiting.:wave:

flash

Well I finally hooked up my Denon 3808CI but I have an issue that hopefully a member here can shed some light on for me..............
Since my Sony HDReady TV does NOT have HDMI, I have to use analog hookups and I cannot find an analog audio L & R out on my new Denon.
I am being a total doorstop 'cause I'm just not seeing any.
I see the yellow (video outs) for the monitor and I see "pre outs" for zone 1 & 2.
I see the analog audio outs for VCR and DVR. I can see the component video outs but I just don't see any L & R audio outs.
They have conveniently colored the background "white" for the HDMI, monitor (yellow), subwoofer and component outs.
Sorry for my confusion but what am I missing?

gparris

I don't know what you are missing because I don't know what you are attempting to hook up and what you are trying to do.
Maybe if I/we knew this, it would assist you better.
From your equipment list, I see an XBOX and a HD DVD player, anything else?
Your input will be video from the 3808CI via component video, those red/blue/green cables from the output "monitor out" only to your Sony CRT HDTV.
The audio out is from your speaker terminals.
The HDMI in from the HD DVD for audio and video (if the 3808CI does this conversion).
The XBOX, if it has component video and optical audio, connect those to the 3808CI and use the AVR for switching between the two.
What are you using for HD signal source?

flash

Quote from: gparris;43418I don't know what you are missing because I don't know what you are attempting to hook up and what you are trying to do.
Maybe if I/we knew this, it would assist you better.
From your equipment list, I see an XBOX and a HD DVD player, anything else?
Your input will be video from the 3808CI via component video, those red/blue/green cables from the output "monitor out" only to your Sony CRT HDTV.
The audio out is from your speaker terminals.
The HDMI in from the HD DVD for audio and video (if the 3808CI does this conversion).
The XBOX, if it has component video and optical audio, connect those to the 3808CI and use the AVR for switching between the two.
What are you using for HD signal source?

I apologize for not being clear.
The trouble I am having is the analog (RCA) audio (L & R) going from my 3808CI to my television.
The way I have everything hooked up, I only get sound output (from any source) is through my 5.1 receiver hooked up to my 5.1 speakers. My only connection between the 3808CI and my TV is the component cables for video.... no audio.
I've hooked up numerous systems but on the back of my 3808CI there are no "monitor/TV out"" RCA ports for audio. There are a million other ports for video and other devices but no "audio out" for the TV. The owners manual was no help because it pretty much assumes I have HDMI on my TV.

P.S. I cannot use the HDMI on my HD DVD or TWC DVR because my 3808CI cannot downcovert HDMI to a lesser output (according to the manual). This is not an issue but it prevents me from hooking anything up via HDMI. I guess I'll save my new cables for when I get that new laser TV.

flash

The odd thing is..... I am assuming that the component outputs to the TV for video would have a "clearly labled" analog audio output but this is really starting to frustrate me.
I have googled and googled it and others are having the same confusion issues.

gparris

The thing about it all is, you bought an audio/video receiver that was more advanced than your HDTV is and now you will either return it or wait for a HDTV with HDMI inputs.
What concerns me is your signature indicates a speaker setup and no one I know or have setup for has ever run audio through their TVs because the speakers on TVs generally suck big time.
The whole idea about "Home Theater" is using separate speakers, not the TV's for audio, period.
-Denon recognizes this.

brewtownska

I was thinking the same thing as gparris, but didn't know how to word it nicely.  I know some people like to have sound to their TVs when they want to watch something but not turn on the whole system, but in this case even if you wanted to do that (and could), you'd still need to have the receiver ON to send the signal...so that sort of defeats the purpose.

Just curious...is there a tape loop or VCR loop on there that might send composite video and 2 channel audio out?  On my old Pioneer, I used the tape loop to send 2 channel audio out to a set of headphones.  So anytime I wanted to use them, I just hit the "monitor" button to monitor the recording of audio and then my headphones got a signal.  Might work for your TV need.  Probably depends on whether the denon still outputs the video for the last video selected or if it cuts off the video feed because you're on an audio selection.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

flash

Quote from: gparris;43434The thing about it all is, you bought an audio/video receiver that was more advanced than your HDTV is and now you will either return it or wait for a HDTV with HDMI inputs.
What concerns me is your signature indicates a speaker setup and no one I know or have setup for has ever run audio through their TVs because the speakers on TVs generally suck big time.
The whole idea about "Home Theater" is using separate speakers, not the TV's for audio, period.
-Denon recognizes this.
I've been thinking the same thing. The unfortunate thing is that the speakers in my TV are actually pretty decent. So far it is appearing that I will just have to forgo using the TV speakers till I buy a new TV. When just watching TV (or my wife watching Oprah etc....) I was just hoping that I could use the TV's speakers and have the receiver go into a "night mode" for the surround system. Thanks for your input and help gparris. I know you are very knowledgeable about system setup and I honestly appreciate your help.

brewtownska

I have TWC but not one of their cable boxes, so forgive me if this is a known impossibility...is there any chance the cable box outputs picture and sound out of multiple connections at the same time?  If so, you could keep one connected to the receiver for the shows you want the surround on for, and the other straight to the TV for the times your wife needs her Oprah fix.  Maybe your wife will have to have an SD feed for her shows (RF output or composite, maybe Svideo), but that might be better than needing the receiver and speakers on all the time.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

flash

Quote from: brewtownska;43446I have TWC but not one of their cable boxes, so forgive me if this is a known impossibility...is there any chance the cable box outputs picture and sound out of multiple connections at the same time?  If so, you could keep one connected to the receiver for the shows you want the surround on for, and the other straight to the TV for the times your wife needs her Oprah fix.  Maybe your wife will have to have an SD feed for her shows (RF output or composite, maybe Svideo), but that might be better than needing the receiver and speakers on all the time.

Mike

I ended up doing something very similar. I used the cable box output feed ( which I've used for PIP) using the coaxial cable directly to the TV. I then just set my TV to the "AUX" input and veoula..... I get TV sound and picture without even having to turn my Denon on. Works better than I wanted.