News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

TWC DVR coming soon!

Started by brewtownska, Friday Mar 28, 2003, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brewtownska

I called TWC today to ask about the possibility of getting rid of my Scientific Atlanta 3100HD and swapping it for one of the new Pioneer HD boxes.  Sounds like I actually got one of the knowledgable guys there, because he was able to rattle off the model# and other info about the box off the top of his head.  He said the Pioneer boxes are extremely hard to get right now, and he's not even sure how much longer they'll even stock them.

The reason being (and of course he started the info with "I really shouldn't be telling you this, but") is that they are getting ready to roll out the regular digital cable boxes with the DVR built in.  No big deal I thought, but then he said in Q3 they will be offering a similar one that works in HD.

At the time I just took the info as good news, but I forgot to ask the ever-important question of whether the HD version will actually RECORD in HD, or if it's basically a HD receiver with a standard definition DVR built in.  I guess only time will tell.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

oz

Very cool. Let's hope it does HD. I wonder what it will cost?

HomerJay

Time Warner's DVR will only be an extra $6.95/month, less if you're already a digital subscriber.  And yes, an HD version will be launched in the fall.

Daniel

When I tries to trade in my box for a new one yesterday they wouldn't let me because they said they were having too many software problems with them.  Has anyone been experiencing this?

mhz40

QuoteOriginally posted by Daniel
When I tried to trade in my box for a new one yesterday they wouldn't let me because they said they were having too many software problems with them.  Has anyone been experiencing this?

A few posters here noted that some menu items on the interface would disapear, as well as other instabilites.  Overall, I don't think many were released, so it's hard to tell.  I'm sure any HD capable set top would be better than none at all.  I'd stick with the SA for now at least.

MHz40