News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Free HD Access - DIRECTV

Started by kevbeck122, Monday Jun 07, 2010, 10:48:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kevbeck122

DIRECTV is offering free HD Access for life to new customers.  If you're a current customer, you can call and get 24 months free HD Access ($10 credit per month).  I had no problems getting it... took about 10 minutes on the phone and I was set.  You might have to go through a couple of CSRs to get it.  You also need to be signed up for auto bill pay.

Bluto

Did the same thing last night.  And hopefully, in two years, we are no longer paying a premium for HD.

jkane

Dish is supposed to be doing the same thing for all customers.  I did not check my bill yet, but the dish forums are all hot on the topic.  Lot's of people had their bills suddenly go down $5 this month!

Bluto

Yup, I think Dish kicked off this whole deal, by offering free HD for life to new customers.  So, thanks to them.

jeaves79

if you were an exisitng customer with Dish, and you subscribed to their $10 Hd plan before june 3rd, you were automatically grandfathered into the HD for life and then you pay $10 for their platinum pack which you can drop at any time.  otherwise you have to sign commitments or pay $99 one time.

the_heller

Talking with a Directv tech rep about another issue, I asked him about the free HD for life plan. He basically said they are doing it for new customers since another company is doing it, but he didn't see anything for existing customers. He did say he heard there would be something (wasn't sure it was for life or not) in the near future. I don't have automatic billing, so I wouldn't qualify anyway. But if they take $10 off my monthly bill for life I might.

murdoc

Will adding this extend your contract?  When do they typically deduct from your checking account? (2-3 days before due date or what)?

kevbeck122

No, it doesn't extend your contract.  They usually charge my credit card a day or two after the statement is sent out.  I don't remember if you can choose what date they take out or not.

Bebop

Quote from: Bluto;55684Did the same thing last night.  And hopefully, in two years, we are no longer paying a premium for HD.

In few years there will probably no SD channels left. Any provider charging a HD fee will look stupid. Don't worry, they will still have their annual price increase to make up the difference.

The old HD fee will soon be replaced with the new 3D fee. :)

Panasonic TH-50PX60U
Panasonic TH-42PZ85U
HDHomeRun

ddeerrff

Charging extra for HD will be like charging extra for *color*.