News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

anyone using more than 4 recievers with Directv?

Started by 950ash, Monday Sep 15, 2003, 03:44:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

950ash

I stopped out at Flanners and American looking for a solution other than putting up another dish. Wondering if anyone is doing it?

Matt Heebner

I just saw a 5x8 multi-switch today at Best Buy in Brown Deer. Thinking about picking one up soon for the Tivo's that have dual satellite tuners in them for recording and watching at the same time. I can't imagine needing more than 8 outputs though.
Thats your best bet for numerous receivers. I am not sure of the cost...maybe $130 or so ?

Matt

borghe

I am sort of.. running 5 tuners (2 tivos and one HD). I am kind of cheating though with one 4x4 and one 2x4. I use the 4x4 first to combine everything, then run two of those inputs into the 2x4. I have six total outputs. The downside is that I only have the Sat B and C available on the two original lines, not on the second set of four lines.

The reason I did that was simply that I already owned a 2x4 and my new dish came with a built in 4x4. It was a cost of $0 extra dollars to me.

Anyway, if you already have an oval dish with a 4x4, that would be the cheapest way, although with the problems I listed. If you don't already have a 4x4 or want to do it the "right" way, then a 5x8 is the way to go.

950ash

QuoteOriginally posted by Matt Heebner
I just saw a 5x8 multi-switch today at Best Buy in Brown Deer. Thinking about picking one up soon for the Tivo's that have dual satellite tuners in them for recording and watching at the same time. I can't imagine needing more than 8 outputs though.
Thats your best bet for numerous receivers. I am not sure of the cost...maybe $130 or so ?

Matt

Yep , thats why. Too many Tivos with the dual.

budda

There is a place called skywalker, it's in New Berlin, On Calhoun just off of Lincoln. Has a 5x8 for 59.00, this is a whole sale place , I had to sign up as a dealer , just name address and stuff but the prices and needed hardware for this hobby are there at very good deals,A three lnb dish is 59.00, 18x24,Optical audio 6ft is 4.99, they carry mostly channel master as well as there own brand. Hope this helps some of you