News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Official Fox6 New Location Technical Report Thread

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jun 09, 2004, 12:39:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Use this thread only to report reception, signal strengths, drop outs, etc once Fox6 begins broadcasting from their main tower.
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

Its Friday afternoon, June 25th @ 4:00 pm and I am receiving a strong digital signal.  No ID and no audio or picture. It is coming in error free on ch. 33.  So it is obviously WITI-DT testing here.  I live in Muskego on the Southeast side.

I am getting a 20 db signal which is common reading among all the local channels here.

-John L.

Re-Editing this post.  Since I can't delete it.  The above is a FALSE ALARM.  My Hauppaughe Win-TV-D TV card wasn't performing quite right.  I had thought I was getting a signal on ch. 33, then I tuned to ch. 34 and get 20 db signal but no ID and NO WISN, I tune to Ch. 61 and get 20 db signal but picture or audio of WVTV!!!

This sometimes happens.  Apparantly something isn't always happy when I boot up the computer.  In order to get it to work, I have to shut down the computer and re-boot.  After I re-booted I tried ch. 61 and got WVTV-DT Test Pattern, then no signal at ch. 33.  Then ch. 34 I got WISN-DT.  

I realize I should get a REAL TV and throw the cheap computer card away.  But I have no room, money and no real need to replace my current analog TV.  Eventually when the analog TV dies, I will have more reason to purchase a digital TV and if I have to take out a loan, I'll do it then.

I should look at the hauppauge website and see if they have such thing as a "fix" to this problem.

-John L.

dclutter

friday June 25th   8:20 pm
Location  Wales, wisconsin

I am receiving 6-1 with about 40% on my meter.  I have a samsung D* TS160.  This is the first time i have ever received any signal for 6-1

Lets hope it stay this way, or a least they get the bugs out by september for football:)

Kevin Arnold

Kevin Arnold

smack

Friday June 25 8:50 pm
Southwest side of city of Waukesha (by West HS)

6-1 is on my D* TS160 at about 30%
I am on the backside of the hill with an attic mount antenna
getting some breakups in the signal.  I think I need to have the antenna set better for Fox & CBS

Signal strength is slightly less than i get for CBS (58-1 on my box)

smack

Gregg Lengling

About 30% here in Cedarburg...but it won't lock...no real signal..but then again with 1/2meg at channel 34 I didn't expect much as my antenna is pointing directly at both.
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Steve Mann

My stupid panny has no signal meter, but I'm getting a strong lock with only a couple of mili-second drop outs over a period of the 5 minutes that I watched. I'm located close to 27th & College on the south side.

Edit: Using a garage rafters, UHF only RS antenna.
Steve M. Mann
Panasonic AX200U Projector
Carada 126" 16:9 Fixed Screen
1 - HR20-100 DirecTV HD PVR
1 - HR24-500 DirecTV HD PVR
My Theater
Theater Construction Album

Doug Mohr

I turned on the HD a few minutes after 8:00PM and I am getting a 93% signal and watching "the Jury" right now.

:rock:

Doug

Edit: I have been watching for 2 1/2 hours and no drops or garble.

Talos4

:D :drink:

I don't believe it!!!!!

96%!!!!  on approximately 68th & Oklahoma, with a roof top.

Just flipped it on during a caution in the truck race and...  

Whoo Hoo!

:rock: :rofl:

Matt Heebner

I am not getting any type of signal.
Hmmmm......

matt

bimmer_immer

Date/Time: 6/25 10pm
Antenna: R-S rooftop VU-75 (50" boom) w/rotor
Receiver: RCA DTC-100  
Signal Strength: 52

In comparison:
WTMJ (4-1) is at 84
WMVS (10-1) is at 94

Picture seems more stable than before the move, but I do need to point the antenna right at the Ch 6 tower to get a decent signal.

-Brian

Ken Smith

Located on a hill outside of Big Bend(Southwest of Milwaukee) with a RS 75 antenna outside.  Antenna is at 1010 feet above sea level.  

Getting a fairly strong (72) signal, but it breaks up quite a bit.  Must be some Multi-Path.  Will have to re-aim again tomorrow.

John L

WITI-DT is coming in nice and strong here tonight!!!

20 db is how the Win-TV-D card measures.  Surely a lot gifferent than a real tuner.

Like I said before I live in Muskego.

-John L.

Tom Snyder

Signal Strength of 70 here in Germantown! Cool! Showing on 33-2?
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

John L

Showing on 33-2?

33-2?  I only get one program, and thats just ch. 6.

-John L.

Being 6:45 am Saturday, what I find very weird is that both WITI and WCGV are broadcasting the same exact program at the sametime.

WEIRD!

-John L.