News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

The Differences Between TWC Navigator Program Guide/Box Versions

Started by Jack 1000, Sunday Oct 17, 2010, 11:37:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendan

I just got the auto call today. I only have the SA 8300HD (no C), so I don't know if this new update will affect me or not.
I actually requested and got a SA 8300HD a while back. I originally had one, which had some issues and was replaced by a "C" model. The C had more issues than my original ever did, so I asked for another 8300HD. They guy that helped me at the TWC store dug around back and found the last one they had in stock, and commented that he preferred that model too.

Jack 1000

Quote from: Brendan;56512I just got the auto call today. I only have the SA 8300HD (no C), so I don't know if this new update will affect me or not.
I actually requested and got a SA 8300HD a while back. I originally had one, which had some issues and was replaced by a "C" model. The C had more issues than my original ever did, so I asked for another 8300HD. They guy that helped me at the TWC store dug around back and found the last one they had in stock, and commented that he preferred that model too.

Brendon,

Yes, a lot of people like the non-C boxes better for speed and reliability.  Although the C-boxes are getting better.  Cool that you found an office that had an MDN box!

Because the MDN (non-C, no Samsungs) are so few, post any new features that you find after the update.  I think channel 1900 is the Diagnostics Channel.  If you go to that channel and scroll to page 6. (I think)  The pages are numbered at the top, there will be a software version.  The latest that I know of is MDN 2.5.049.  Let us know if you get any new features!

If you see things like Complete Program Descriptions, or Nearest Tune in the Settings, or any new features, let us know.  Post the new version of the software after the update, which should be found on Diagnostic channel 1900.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

gparris

My 8300HD is much faster, no lag time between commands, but the other box, the 8300HDC, is clunky, moves very slow and when it comes time erase things I have seen on the faster DVR in the other room, forget it, my patience wears thin.:bang:

If this newer upgrade is for the 8300HDC's, it better be for the speed!:mad: