News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

What OTA Antenna to buy

Started by Heynow, Saturday Oct 02, 2010, 11:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heynow

I am looking for a OTA hd antenna. I live in the 53221 zip code, just west of the airport. I am looking for a outdoor roof one. Do you guys have any good recomendations?  I do not want to buy one and have it not work for me needs.

Thanks
Heynow

budda

What are your needs, are you going to use a rotor, which channels are you going to try to pull in, just Milwaukee or Chic Madison and so on. I use a extreme Didgi  Antenna. Had a roof put on now have it in the garage rafters with a amp. I live in Oconomowoc and receive Madison and Milwaukee with out any problems. Antennas that take up a small foot print and work well are bow antennas,good luck. BTW from your general location just for Milwaukee you will not need much of an Ant JMO{fart}

Heynow

I guess I was only thinking about Milwaukee HD channels. But if i am able to get Madisons as well that would be kewl. I do not intend to use any type of rotor, I just want to install it on the roof and figure out what direction to point/aim it.  What antenna would accomplish this? And where is a good place to purchase such antenna?  

Thanks
Heynow!

budda

If you step out side your door point it at 12 to 1 o'clock facing Milwaukee. So north from your zip checking slightly north, north east, them slightly north west, checking for best signal. Skywalker has a good selection as well as ebay and other  sites only local place I am aware of is on 74 and Goodhope name escapes me. Radio Shack has a few but not the best prices IMO, good luck:rock:

AndrewP

Chanell Master 4228, oint at Chicago. You will have both Milwaukee and Chicago. If Milwaukee signal will not be strong, then try to remove back screen. If it will not help, then put screen back and add another cheap antenna pointed at Milwaukee and using backward splitter cobine both antennas. To improve Chicago signal, add Chanell Master Titan amplifier.
That is actually what I have in my attic.