News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Where can I buy an outdoor UHF antenna locally?

Started by headshotwi, Thursday Jun 17, 2010, 09:58:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

headshotwi

What store sells decent UHF antennas.  Something better than a cheapo set top antenna from best buy...  I'm in Oak Creek and need something that can hit the antennas 18 miles away through the airport.

Nels Harvey

The consensus on this site is to get the Channel Master CM4228 8-Bay Bowtie UHF Antenna.  A few places carry it in the greater Milwaukee area, or you can get it from Amazon.com.  Good luck!
Nels....
Retired TV Engineer
Resident, State of Mequon
Sharp 70" LCD, E* VIP 612 HD DVR,
40" Sony LCD, E* VIP 722K HD DVR.

brewtownska

headshotwi,

I bought a CM4228 about 4 years ago with intentions of installing it outside on my existing antenna pole, but it sat in the box in my basement without ever being put up.  I gave it to my father-in-law to use in his attic last year during a lull when they didn't have cable.  They now have cable again.  I can ask if he's still planning to use it...if not, maybe you and I could make a deal?  I know I paid $75+ tax for it back then.  Depending on what your price would be new, maybe $40 is a fair price to you?  If not, make an offer.

If you (or anyone else reading this) would be interested, I can then look into whether it's available to sell.  Just trying to help someone out while giving myself a little spending money.

Mike
Mike B.
Sony 52W4100 LCD
Dish Network w/722 DVR
PS3, Xbox 360, Wii

Ralph Kramden

Skywalker Communications in New Berlin. They do sell to the public.

WPXE ION

About 6 weeks ago I purchased an RCA antenna at Wal-Mart on clearance for $25. Normally it would sell for around $75.

Jimboy

I purchased my 4228 from Marmax in Franklin.
61st & Rawson

headshotwi

Thanks guys! Will try Marmax and Skywalker!

I was hoping not to have to get something that large.  Mounting on the root or attic is out of the question.  Hopeing to put something up on the side of my house small or on a pole next to my house right outside the window in the TV room.

I'm avoiding drilling new holes and running new cables through walls.

ScottyB

Maybe a bit late, but I'm in Racine, 25 miles south of the towers, and I get by fine with a Terk HDTVa indoor antenna.  Best Buy sells them - ask them to give you their web price as I believe the in-store price is significantly higher.

I get every station 95-100%.

Scott