News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

SA3250HD configuation

Started by ddeerrff, Sunday Feb 14, 2010, 08:40:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ddeerrff

Got an HDTV for the family at new years.  Yesterday, went down to TWC at Mayfair to look at my HD options and ended up with an SA3250HD STB.  First time I have had to use an STB.  Called in to get it activated, and it seems to be working as it should.

Now, we have Basic/Standard service (per the girl behind the counter, we did not have to add any services, just rent the box for $8.00 /month).  So we get the old channels 2-99, the basic digital line-up, and the basic HD channels.

So how do I edit the Guide/Channel up-down button so that it only shows and only cycles through those channels that I have access to?  I like to channel surf, and it is a pain in the *** to have to surf through all those inactive channels.  Using the guide, it's frustrating to find something listed only to find it is on a channel I don't get.  

Even the cheapest and most basic of TV sets have the ability to exclude undesired channels from the up/down select, certainly this high tech box has that option - but I sure can't find it.  

Derf

LoadStar

Quote from: ddeerrff;54915Got an HDTV for the family at new years.  Yesterday, went down to TWC at Mayfair to look at my HD options and ended up with an SA3250HD STB.  First time I have had to use an STB.  Called in to get it activated, and it seems to be working as it should.

Now, we have Basic/Standard service (per the girl behind the counter, we did not have to add any services, just rent the box for $8.00 /month).  So we get the old channels 2-99, the basic digital line-up, and the basic HD channels.

So how do I edit the Guide/Channel up-down button so that it only shows and only cycles through those channels that I have access to?  I like to channel surf, and it is a pain in the *** to have to surf through all those inactive channels.  Using the guide, it's frustrating to find something listed only to find it is on a channel I don't get.  

Even the cheapest and most basic of TV sets have the ability to exclude undesired channels from the up/down select, certainly this high tech box has that option - but I sure can't find it.  

Derf

Far as I know, Navigator lacks that option. You can sort favorite channels first, I believe, which might help, but you can't "delete" shows you don't receive.

Jack 1000

Unfortunately,

There is no option currently to list only those channels you receive on the IPG.  The Sort By Favorites option was stupidly removed from the software about three to six months ago.  Added was the ability to browse from Favorite Channel to Favorite Channel, instead of just tuning to the Favorite Channels when the guide is showing.

Sort by Favorites might come back in a future software update if enough people call and request that this information be forwarded to the engineering department.  When you call to request new features for the guide, ALWAYS say:

The type of box you have (C boxes and Samsungs are ODN. Non-C boxes such as SA, and the very old now defunct Pioneer boxes are MDN.)

The feature you want to see added.

Always request that the your request be forwarded to the Engineering Department.

When this is done, feature requests for both boxes are assessed by the local division and passed on to corporate for future update releases.  The more people who do this, the more likely that requests will be heard.

Since this poster already has a digital box, you should call and get the Digital Variety Package.  It is generally $10 a month, but see if they can give you a deal on that for a while as a new subscriber.  It will make your Digital Cable experience MUCH more enjoyable with several great channels available to you.  In fact, about 80% of Digital Subs take the Digital Variety package.  DON'T take the Digital Choice Package!  It's a $5.00 ripoff and only gives you like 5 additional channels!  Digital Variety Package is what you want.  Maybe they will throw in Digital Choice for free.  But that is the only way I would take the Digital Choice Package.

That way, you won't have a bunch of channels on the guide you can't get.  This service change can be done over the phone.  There is nothing that you need to do except call.

Jack
Cisco 9865 DVR with Navigator Guide

ddeerrff

Thanks guys.  Not sure I could justify the $10 for the Digital variety.  I only see a few channels that interest me (Science and BBCA, perhaps Speed) and the wife thinks I already spend too much for TV.  

Seems to me the ability to edit/organize the channel selection menu would be a very basic feature, but that's just me.  Hopefully we can get used to the way it is.