News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Charter members

Started by mcq, Thursday Sep 05, 2002, 12:04:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcq

OK, This is self serving, but as I read through a recent topic about a newcomer's disgust and anger, it occured to me that it would be neat to be recognized as one of the "charter members"

I don't post a whole lot, but I do read all the time and have a sense of ownership about the group.....

What ya think???

Anyway, my regular email sig includes this desigination ( I hope that's OK?) and I reference a link to our wonderful web site!

Tom Snyder

The problem we have with that is only one of a technical limitiation. The designations in the forum software are based on number of posts. I've checked and there's no way to edit the designations.

So while those of us who orgnaized the group "way back when" appreciate the particpation of all the guys who got us started (and especially the financial contributions which paid for this Web site), the best the forum software allows us to do is say "thanks" in posting!  
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

mcq

Just a thought... Maybe a hall of fame or something like that. I just noticed now that I am a "Junior member." I don't want to feel that I need to post for the sake of posting. I only post when I think I have something to contribute.

Tom Snyder

Yeah... I needed to bust your rank!  

I was experimenting with the designations to see what I could do... I see I'll need to adjust some more...  
Tom Snyder

Kevin Arnold

I sense a great opportunity here. We can assign ranks to everyone i.e. General for Tom, Colonel for Todd. Think of the attention you'll get when calling Faux 6 and asking for the GM...."This is General Tom Snyder..." We could even practice good self esteem building and have no one under the rank of Colonel.
Kevin Arnold

Gregg Lengling

Now you have to create a theme.  It can be army , navy (or starfleet), or old world.
Field Marshall maybe
Admiral, Captain, Commander, Sub-Commander...
Let's get creative while we're at it and have some fun.

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

Kevin Arnold

Or even the MilwaukeeHDTV Empire. You know, Darth Vader and may the tropo force be with you. It would give Cuprisin some nice stuff to work with.....The empire struck back today...

[This message has been edited by kjarnold (edited 09-06-2002).]
Kevin Arnold

Matt Heebner

Oh man, you guys are too funny....

Matt

Tom Snyder

Here's why this is even funnier. The actual text from the administrative area of this board where  we asign those tiles:

Use Alternate User Titles?
There are four status options for users: administrators, moderators, members, and junior members. You can have these four user classes appear as alternate titles, if you like. For instance, if you have a Star Trek site, you may want your administrators to be called "Star Fleet Captain", your moderators to be called "First Mate", your Members to be called "Lieutenant" and your Junior Members to be called "Ensign".
Tom Snyder

Gregg Lengling

Oh that's wonderful Tom, it seems like some SCI-FI type wrote  the system.  But then again how many HDTV fanatics aren't SCI-FI fans.....I know I am.  

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
glengling@ameritech.net
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

drgingras

"To boldly go "...

Yeah, I think it applies to most of us

Dave

------------------