News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

A MilwaukeeHDTV TV schedule?

Started by Matt Heebner, Monday Mar 18, 2002, 05:41:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Heebner

I don't know if this is a possibility or not, but now that we have some contacts with a few of the digital stations managers....would it be possible to start up a MilwaukeeHDTV.org TV listing?
I think the easiest way would be to have the station managers email a schedule for the entire month. This way we can have an accurate listing of the HD programming at the correct time and channel.
I also think that we shoud start emailing the Journal/Sentinel regarding including the channel information for the digital stations, and listings of programs in the TV guide. I think it is about time Milwaukee's newspapers start acknowledging that there are digital channels out there. (And I mean more than a blurb in Tim Cuspins article.)

I've seen that a fellow member has taken the time to gather a HD schedule for PBS. I think thats a great start. I think it would be more accurate and localized than HDTVGalaxy or TitanTV.

Todd, any ideas about this, or are you way ahead of me on this??

Matt

Kevin Arnold

Great idea if it can be done without turning it into a full time job  . As for getting the Milw. Journal Sentinel to acknowledge that DTV has actually started, this is problematic. I was surprised that even when their sister property was broadcasting the Olympics in HD you'd of never know it by reading the paper. Not like the days when they sponsored Al's run and there were articles every day for months. Seems like they institutionally want to ignore this revolution until it hits them in the head. And what about mptv, the "digital leaders" here in Milwaukee. Retailers could point to a schedule here so their customers aren't left groping.

------------------
Kevin Arnold
38" RCA widescreen w/a Winegard on a rotor.
Kevin Arnold

Matt Heebner

About being a full time job, thats why I thought we could do a month at a time. (its not like there is a tremendous amount....yet;-))

Matt