News:

If your having any issues logging in, please email admin@milwaukeehdtv.org with your user name, and we'll get you fixed up!

Main Menu

Chance to talk to FOX 6 Engineering

Started by Tom Snyder, Wednesday Jul 03, 2002, 07:31:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Snyder

Those of us who have been trying to contact WITI/WITI DT (what a joke) regarding the sad state of their digital signal know that they have barricaded themselves within their walls and don't take phone calls or answer emails.

The All-Star Fanfest is flushing these foxes out of their hole!

Fox 6 will be broadcasting a lot of their news programming from a set on the floor of the Midwest Express Center. Obviously there will be representatives from the engineering department of the station there for those broadcasts.

Might I suggest that anyone who is planning on attending this event schedule their visit at a time when there might be an actual live, unprotected, publicly accessible WITI engineering person to whom you can unload, er I mean, express your concerns to.

Random topics?

- WITI's claim that they've satisfied their digital requirement with their 1/2 watt signal.

- The fact that the All Star game is being broadcast in HD in Japan but not here.

- Why they continue to ignore their customers (us).

If enough of their guys go back to the station with stories of "man, I can't believe how many of those HD nuts gave me hard time about our pathetic attempts to play our little shell game with our digital signal," maybe it will get someone's attention.

Other folks to talk to would be the news celebrities themselves. They'll think you're gonna ask them for an autograph or tell them how you watch them all the time. Imagine their surprise when you actually tell them how much you miss watching them since WTMJ and WDJT went digital, and how sad you are that FOX6 management is torpedoing their career by forcing viewers to other channels with their crappy analog signal.

[This message has been edited by Tom Snyder (edited 07-03-2002).]
Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

Tom, you are the best !

What a great idea. I was not planning on attending the fan fest, but now, based on your post, may try to make a point of going.

I'd bet that the on-air talent has no clue about the DTV status at all ...

Wonder if Katrina Cravy will be there ???

Gregg Lengling

I've been in contact with John Baich and others and have gotten nowhere.  After talking with some engineering people, hardly anyone knows what they have..it's like a secret and only a couple people know what's going on.  Even the Chief Engineer refers all my questions to the VP.  Even though John got a promotion to Chicago the last I heard he was spending a couple days a week running WITI.  If you want to hassle him with e-mails here's his address.

jbaic045@fox.com

------------------
Gregg R. Lengling
RCA P61310 61" 16x9
gregg@camelcomm.com
Gregg R. Lengling, W9DHI
Living the life with a 65" Aquos
glengling at milwaukeehdtv dot org  {fart}

RobbQ

Did anyone make it to the fan fest yet to question FOX 6?  Just wondering if anyone had any luck or got anything besides dumb looks.  I am not planning on going so I am hoping that someone is out there harassing them for me!  

borghe

Actually I have been emailing with Jim Baich for the last couple of days. I don't want to post anything right now, although it's not looking promising. He is claiming that WITI is broadcasting to their city of license per FCC compliance, although not the Class B area (meaning subrubs). I then let him know that even though I am in a "suburb", my house borders the City of Milwaukee city limit, so I should then be able to get the signal. I'll let you know what happens from there.

RobbQ

I would be interested just how big an antenna he thinks that I should get since I am in the city of Milwaukee and can get absolutely no signal.  As far as I am concerned they are definitely not broadcasting to the city of Milwaukee because I have a strong signal for all of the other channels.

Matt Heebner

Oh Bull****! Wauwatosa is not a suburb...Where I am (60th and Wells) is about as Milwaukee as one can get....except I have higher taxes  ). That guy doesn't know WTF he is talking about. Its very simple...they did as little as they possibly could to meet the deadline (which I don't think they did anyways) and they actually have the kohonas to say that they are broadcasting a digital signal?
This really pisses me off to hear FAUX say this. I would love to argue the merit of that statement. Todd....please get this joker on a live chat....even though I know it isnt gonna happen.

Matt

Joseph S

QuoteActually I have been emailing with Jim Baich for the last couple of days. I don't want to post anything right now, although it's not looking promising. He is claiming that WITI is broadcasting to their city of license per FCC compliance, although not the Class B area (meaning subrubs).

I received the exact same response.

QuoteDear concerned viewer.
It appears to be nothing more than a form letter to those complaining. I pointed out the inaccuracies in my reply. My guess is we'll get back the same revised form letter or nothing at all.

Tis a shame, considering those in Japan will be seeing the All-Star game in HD.  

Todd Wiedemann

QuoteTodd....please get this joker on a live chat....even though I know it isnt gonna happen.

I'll try. We need another live chat, regardless.

Todd.

Tom Snyder

Not normally a betting man, but I believe the chances of Baich coming here to get ambushed over his blantant disrespect, distain for us and a "let them eat cake" attitude are about as good as me winning the Mr. Universe contest!

Tom Snyder
Administrator and Webmaster for milwaukeehdtv.org
tsnyder@milwaukeehdtv.org

Todd Wiedemann

Yeah, but I thought it'd be worth a call.

Literally, just to see what the response would be.